UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the Independents Tony Evans is wasn't the leaked e-mails that led UEFA to the decision but info we submitted...….what a crock of shit.

Stefan on the 9320 podcast made the good point that I'll paraphrase, that UEFA have fucked up before on some really basic things, like the Galatasaray and PSG rulings being thrown out because they were outside of the time limitations, and that there's no way the massively experienced and qualified lawyers and judges didn't know that when they made their judgements, so there must be a political angle to making the rulings knowing they'll be struck down by CAS.

So we are clearly far beyond simple innocent/guilty and just because they've punished us doesn't mean they have a solid case.

I know, but when someone puts a gun to your head you need a little more than a solid case.

All I want to know is did city breach any fuck law or not ?
It is unlikely any laws were broken and, unfortunately, up until now, that was not part of UEFA’s investigation.

But the club may very well make it the main component of our full challenge (i.e. not only have we not violated any laws, UEFA is the one doing so).

The problem with the nuclear option is that the club could end up with years of litigation against UEFA with no guarantee of success. If at the end of it we lost then this ban would seem like a telling off and a stint on the naughty step in comparison to what would be coming then.

Quite a few posters have suggested that we should attempt to blow the rules out of the water. This is easier said than done.
1. Who has jurisdiction in such an action? Switzerland, the ECJ, British courts? Are we in or out of the ECJ on dec.31?
2. The ECJ washed their hands of the challenge in the previous attempt and sent it back to Belgium.
3. EU Commission sanctioned the rules.
4. We might be able to challenge the PL on legality of their rules.
We need a legal eagle here.

Quite a few posters have suggested that we should attempt to blow the rules out of the water. This is easier said than done.
1. Who has jurisdiction in such an action? Switzerland, the ECJ, British courts? Are we in or out of the ECJ on dec.31?
2. The ECJ washed their hands of the challenge in the previous attempt and sent it back to Belgium.
3. EU Commission sanctioned the rules.
4. We might be able to challenge the PL on legality of their rules.
We need a legal eagle here.

This is my worry.

They are UEFA rules and as such, its down to them to have whatever rules they like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.