UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure if this has been posted yet as it’s hard to keep up, but interesting piece just released - Uefa have put all their chips on the middle of the table!

https://www.football365.com/news/ffp-scuppered-if-man-city-win-uefa-appeal-expert

“Many believe at this point Manchester City are on the back foot but I could argue UEFA is more exposed in all of this,” Chadwick told the PA news agency.

According to the Independents Tony Evans is wasn't the leaked e-mails that led UEFA to the decision but info we submitted...….what a crock of shit.

these so called journalists are full of shit. They speak like they have so much knowledge and authority when most know absolutely fuck all.

Not sure if this has been discussed but just how crap is City's IT security? - the fact that these emails got hacked plus the dipper accessing of scouting records show amateurish it must be.

I know anyone can get hacked - head of Amazon Jeff Bezos was hacked by the Saudis - but I am pretty sure this whole situation could have been avoided if suitable security procedures/systems had been implemented.

I work in IT and know full well that many users get annoyed when things like two-factor security get enabled but you just have to insist they use it no matter how senior they are.

That scenario is what many of us believe was/is City’s strategy.

I think we thought they *might* do this if put under enough pressure and so were preparing for the eventuality, just in case.

It's going to be intriguing to see what City has in the way of "irrefutable evidence in support of its position". That suggests that they think it is something that will hold up in a real court and it may imply there's something up their sleeve but we can only wait to see.

I suspect part of the argument will related to the fact City and Etihad have accounts that have been audited by reputable firms. Maybe they can prove that Mansour did not give money to Etihad. Not slikely they will but perhaps they intend to put Abu Dhabi Royal Family members on the stand.

Quite a few posters have suggested that we should attempt to blow the rules out of the water. This is easier said than done.
1. Who has jurisdiction in such an action? Switzerland, the ECJ, British courts? Are we in or out of the ECJ on dec.31?
2. The ECJ washed their hands of the challenge in the previous attempt and sent it back to Belgium.
3. EU Commission sanctioned the rules.
4. We might be able to challenge the PL on legality of their rules.
We need a legal eagle here.
Correction ..We need the legal eagles on the job , what we think or know here is neither here nor there , fwiw I trust this has all been answered where it matters.

This is my worry.

They are UEFA rules and as such, its down to them to have whatever rules they like.
Well, not exactly. Normally private organizations' rules must comply with relevant laws of the land. In this case FFP are clearly in restraint of trade, but the EU Commission allowed that sport was a special case. Worth noting that we won in the Belgian courts at first instance.

Wonder what knock on to the ladies team, u21, u19 etc in their European matches
Could it grind down all the academy players who will see no future with city at a young age

I said yesterday there's a civil war at UEFA over FFP. There's the lifelong administrators like Ceferin who just want to keep the boat moving forwards and whose loyalty is towards UEFA, and then there's the former club employees who want to benefit their clubs and the zealots who don't want rich arabs involved.

Everything I've seen come out so far, including things like Ceferin and Khaldoon making friends in December, Sam Lee & co. genuinely being told that nothing was coming, and then some of the old Gill-friendly journalists spouting 2 year, 3 year bans, has convinced me that we were headed to not get anything and some of the zealots at UEFA have found out and the Adjudicatory board going their own way.
But UEFA claim the Adjudicatory Chamber is completely independent from them. I think this has shown that there's a big hole in that claim. Be interesting to see if City can show that at CAS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.