Vicky Kloss

Mentioned this in another thread, but the notion that she is doing nothing to stop the negative press we get is very unfair. She’s clearly very highly regarded within the club. Amazing how many people with no experience in that field seemingly think they know the job better than she does. The idea of just banning dissenting voices isn’t really a viable one for the club.
Ric, what is she doing to stop the negative press? Sorry, I just don't see any evidence

There's no denying we have been weak with the media in general, and tbh we don't need them one iota. Find the good fair journalist's and bring them onside, and fuck the anti City rabble rousers off.

Mentioned this in another thread, but the notion that she is doing nothing to stop the negative press we get is very unfair. She’s clearly very highly regarded within the club. Amazing how many people with no experience in that field seemingly think they know the job better than she does. The idea of just banning dissenting voices isn’t really a viable one for the club.

I can't imagine Vicky Kloss decides the club's policy towards the media. She will be told what the club wants and her job will be to implement that policy. Maybe the club has been too accommodating to long term opponents in the media (I think they have) but that will be from people several levels higher than Kloss.

I don't blame her. She is under orders from above. We want to welcome all. Kepp your friends close but your enemies closer. Treat them. Allow them access to the club. Get them onside. But that plan hasn't worked. We bent over for UEFA and warned them. Some got the message but others still hate our success so much they want a fight. Now is time to make a real statement. Expose the corruption and blow them out of the water. Then we hold all the cards. The club has extreme global power, UEFA wants income. They will soon be on our side when they feel that squeeze.

Fair enough mate. What do you think she should do differently?

Start banning all media forthwith. We cannot get any worse crap than the last 36 hours. What should have been the best 10 years of us supporting the beloved club of both of us has been riddled with over the top bile constantly. In the 80's when times were hard the paying customers "us" dug in for the club. We have nullified the lot of the media darling clubs. Yes City have the longest running entrance to the Chumps League in England and they don't like it.

I don't blame her. She is under orders from above. We want to welcome all. Kepp your friends close but your enemies closer. Treat them. Allow them access to the club. Get them onside. But that plan hasn't worked. We bent over for UEFA and warned them. Some got the message but others still hate our success so much they want a fight. Now is time to make a real statement. Expose the corruption and blow them out of the water. Then we hold all the cards. The club has extreme global power, UEFA wants income. They will soon be on our side when they feel that squeeze.

I think there is a huge amount of wishful thinking in this post. We are isolated in European football with effectively no allies. The global power bit doesn't make much sense, to be honest.

Ric, what is she doing to stop the negative press? Sorry, I just don't see any evidence
I honestly don’t think the negative publicity can really be stopped. We have a free and independent press in this country and whether we like it or not, City aren’t exactly a popular entity. We’re an easy target for reasons far out of her control. The idea that someone could come into that role and suddenly get the media to toe the line is fanciful in the extreme.

Can only speak as you find, but she’s a very intelligent, passionate City fan who doesn’t really deserve to bear the brunt of what is happening. It’s easy to target her from behind a keyboard, but if you speak to people who have had actual real life dealings with her you’ll get a different picture.

Start banning all media forthwith. We cannot get any worse crap than the last 36 hours. What should have been the best 10 years of us supporting the beloved club of both of us has been riddled with over the top bile constantly. In the 80's when times were hard the paying customers "us" dug in for the club. We have nullified the lot of the media darling clubs. Yes City have the longest running entrance to the Chumps League in England and they don't like it.
Ha, ok.

I honestly don’t think the negative publicity can really be stopped. We have a free and independent press in this country and whether we like it or not, City aren’t exactly a popular entity. We’re an easy target for reasons far out of her control. The idea that someone could come into that role and suddenly get the media to toe the line is fanciful in the extreme.

Can only speak as you find, but she’s a very intelligent, passionate City fan who doesn’t really deserve to bear the brunt of what is happening. It’s easy to target her from behind a keyboard, but if you speak to people who have had actual real life dealings with her you’ll get a different picture.

I do feel like people never really grasp how hard her job must be.

She represents a club backed by a state with awful human rights records tasked with upsetting the established order of the most popular sport in the world in it's most viewed and scrutinised arena, England.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.