UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
CAS members

Who we picking, who UEFA picking & CANo.
Name Country
1. Abdullah Al Hayyan
23px-Flag_of_Kuwait.svg.png
Kuwait
2. Tjasa Andrée-Prosenc
23px-Flag_of_Slovenia.svg.png
Slovenia
3. Patrick Baumann Switzerland
4. Scott Blackmun
23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
United States
5. Alexandra Brilliantova
23px-Flag_of_Russia.svg.png
Russia
6. Miguel Cardenal Carro
23px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png
Spain
7. John D. Coates
23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.svg.png
Australia
8. Moya Dodd
23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.svg.png
Australia
9. Nabil Elaraby
23px-Flag_of_Egypt.svg.png
Egypt
10. Ivo Eusebio
16px-Flag_of_Switzerland.svg.png
Switzerland
11. Michael Lenard
23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
United States
12. Carole Malinvaud
23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png
France
13. Yvonne Mokgoro
23px-Flag_of_South_Africa.svg.png
South Africa
14. Ellen Gracie Northfleet
22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png
Brazil
15. Göran Petersson
23px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.png
Sweden
16. Dick Pound
23px-Flag_of_Canada_%28Pantone%29.svg.png
Canada
17. Corinne Schmidhauser
Switzerland
18. Tricia C.M. Smith
23px-Flag_of_Canada_%28Pantone%29.svg.png
Canada
19. Wilhelmina Thomassen
23px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png
Netherlands
20. Hanqin Xue
23px-Flag_of_the_People%27s_Republic_of_China.svg.png
China
21. Matthieu Reeb
Switzerland
22. Meles Zenawi Ethiopia

Dick Pound. What a name.

That’s where I am mate. To win we need a level playing field. That doesn’t seem to exist if you are on the wrong side of the establishment.

There is a very old saying but it is still true to this day. You can't beat the system. Many try and very few succeed. This holds true to football as well. It is is against the whole system, it is a massive fight to try and win.

We can absolutely fight this fight by supporting our club with every breath that we have.

We can't. We can chant, make banners, boo the anthem, attack UEFA officials, protest until we are blue in the face bit it won't make a jot of difference to the outcome, that will be settled in court.

Just got home from my morning coffee and read PB's posts from this morning. I still think, as I posted last night, that CAS will overturn the AC's decision on procedural grounds and in that sense we'll "escape". But, as PB pointed out, the mud will stick and City will not accept this. City have already demanded damages in their submission to CAS and the mud can only increase the sums in question. Whether CAS can deal with this matter other than on and ad hoc "let's compromise" basis seems to me highly unlikely. City, their sponsors and their accountants will have to go to the ECJ for a ruling that the finances of football clubs are regulated by the same laws as any other enterprise. This may well shine a light on the very murky manoeuvrings behind the introduction of FFP and the cartel ends it has been put to since. I think the "break even principle" will not survive even the most cursory attention from the ECJ.

That’s a good call - as a few people have said we need to move one step at a time. Go to CAS... get this ridiculous decision overturned which, is clearly “grandstanding” from the “elite”. Once that’s done we can move on to the Swiss Courts for damages and compensation and hopefully seriously dent UEFAs coffers - maybe fatally! Simultaneously we should go to the ECJ and attempt to bring down both FFP and the whole culture of protectionism/ restrictive practice at UEFA. Once the CAS decision is overturned we can move through the legal processes whilst still participating in UEFAs shitty competition. I’m personally optimistic about the future... this will take time.... but real change can be achieved and the ‘shit tip’ that is UEFA can be systematically dismantled.

Just wanted to let you guys know you're not alone. What UEFA is doing and has been doing for years is disgusting, inherently corrupt and is destroying football. Sport without competitivity isn't worthwhile and UEFA seem hell bent on eradicating any form of competitiveness (except where it favours their "chosen few"). They've already destroyed football in Italy by crippling us, Inter, with their sanctions and once they were done with us and we got on something approaching an even foot again, they've hunted down and are hunting down Milan (how interesting that UEFA never took the slightest interest in seeing that Juventus were punished for calciopoli or in pursuing a suitable punishment instead of the ridiculously flimsy penalty that was handed down).

It's not that the clubs they've gone after haven't compromised the rules so much as that the rules are compromised themselves. An example from Serie A, Juventus win it every year so their prize money is huge. That allows them to invest more money which increases their dominance (and lets not kid ourselves, we all know who is going to win the scudetto again this year, and the next, and the next...) which allows them to invest even more money ad infinitum. Financial Fair Play has been set up by a cartel of clubs and those in cahoots with these clubs. UEFA as anyone with even a cursory knowledge of football knows is inherently corrupt. UEFA pontificating about morals and dishing out punishments? That's like taking lessons in morality from Jimmy Saville.

I have firmly believed from day one that UEFA's FFP rules were eminently challengeable in a legal context. In what other business can you tell somebody that they can't invest their own money to grow a project??? The way City have been run since your current owners came in has been exemplary. They speculated to accumulate, an age old business practice, and having done so wisely and astutely are reaping deserved rewards. That a mafia-like organisation like UEFA is now sticking its nose in because they don't like "the new kids on the block" (and I use that term with tongue firmly in cheek; City have always been a massive club and similarly to Inter, unlike other clubs like Liverpool, United, Juventus, your and our fans don't only turn up when the team is winning).

I always hoped we would try to fight UEFA but we were in a mess because of the Moratti-Thohir-Suning ownership saga and by the time Suning came in, I think they felt it was better to just get FFP out of the way and build. I genuinely think your owners however are savvy, wealthy, well-connected, intelligent and committed enough to be the club which finally takes UEFA down from its pedestal. I have nothing but respect for Manchester City, your owners and your project and I hope as much as you do that you manage to give UEFA a bloody nose over this. If they get away with it this time, I shudder to think what the future holds for football. Whilst United are riddled with debt, Juventus have posted debt on the Irish stock exchange for the last couple of years, UEFA are targetting a club which seriously has its house in order and is a shining example for how to run a football club.

Best of luck and I will be supporting you every step of the way.

Forza City!

The story about Pinto is not why he hacked documents. He did it for financial gain and made millions till he was caught. The real issue is why out of 70 million documents (one of the biggest hacks ever in data history) a handful of emails at Manchester City is the only story in town for the media. All the other nuggets: The Ronaldo rape allegations; United paying Pogba off books using an image right vehicle; United making huge payments to agents and player family members; Sergio Ramos's failed dope test after the Cl final; and a mountain of allegations about PSG and Monaco have just faded into obscurity.

Makes you wonder who’s behind the leaks?

Get slated for this, but if a pinch was on offer should we not have took it.

We’d have been home free and could have concentrated on moving forward with next season.

Time will tell I suppose and maybe they just had enough of UEFA

Until the next time. We have to finish this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.