UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The club said in a statement, when it was passed from the investigative chamber to the adjudication chamber, in huge hast due to the pending 5year deadline expiring, that the investigative chamber had not considered the club’s 200page document. It was at this point after the NY Times article that the club accused UEFA of breaking the strict confidentiality agreement, in particular the chief investigator Leterme

In hindsight did that document need to be 200 pages long, or was it sent knowing that them considering it fully would take them past the 5 year deadline?

Yes i think there a lot of racism going on here,the media has been full of it,especially since may when they really showed themselves,i expect the club realise that as well,all UEFA should be concerned about is money is money whoever is spending it,if they want their made up rules then apply them fairly,we know it was never about fairplay,this was absolutely about shutting us out.PSG had a man on the inside helping them,i don't think they were ever the true target,this is all about the biggest scalp ,in the biggest country with the history clubs wanting us to disappear,especially with pep here,i pray we are in the right here i really do
In the meantime this,var and pigmol has killed my love of the game,after over 40yrs i am quite distraught about that

I understand your thinking. But that is their end game here. To surpress our club and owner into submission along with us the fans.

We have been through tough times before all this, relegation, division 2, Swales etc.

Those of us that have supported our club but as a fanbase stood shoulder by shoulder in those years and wore our club badge as honour whilst those that presided above us looked down upon us as a joke club, and would mutter "oh i don't mind City" until it became apparent we threatened their position

This i hope will now galvanise our fan base... The blue fans that turn up every week but are sometimes to coy to raise a voice or choose not too..need to break their silence and start rallying behind the club

They want to beat us into submission...we need to show that we wont and the club wont

Reactions: dom
Spot on Ric,

We have done something here that perhaps we should not, which is where my initial conversation on if true the option of a slap on the wrist could have been the sensible one.

You are correct and truth of the matter is United might have done something wrong or not, it seems accepted they can hide there accounts. Still think those PIK loans the Glazers had one minute and then where suddenly paid of with no explanation happened at a very similar time to the restructure. If are accounts where hidden in such away I’m sure it would be seen very differently.

I have no issue with the club being creative and as you say it is common place the companies to do this.

Not sure how it will play out, but our season might end up more interesting off the field then it is on it.

It not very sensible putting it in emails though that’s for sure. If you are going to be dodgy then you sure as hell don’t want to give any opportunity of being caught!

On the BBC it also says that in lodging the appeal City also need to ask for the ban to be set aside until the appeal is heard or the punishment will still apply.

Seems a bit odd? We ask and could be told sorry but no?

But if we serve a ban and then win the case.... the compensation would be 100s of millions. Can uefa afford that?

Yes, I think it’s probably a bit fanciful, and perhaps not really helpful, to think that we’re completely innocent here. There has undoubtedly been some creative accounting going on, but then find me a major corporation that doesn’t. Google, Amazon, Manchester fucking United, they’re all at it. It’s just absurd that we operate in perhaps the only industry in the world where it’s deemed more of a crime to invest in your company, rather than avoiding paying tax out of it. Mad world.

I think we have 100% broken the spirit of the law, and ADUG putting money through Etihad/Etisalat so they can afford to sponsor us is very clearly not what anyone thought of as Financial Fair Play. Frankly I don't give a shit about that, professional football allowed owners to invest for 130 years before Mansour arrived, and it will be allowed again when FFP is gone in <10 years.

However I still think the club could have operated within the rules as the are written and thus be "innocent" to that extent.

Also I think it's entirely possible we're guilty but UEFA can't touch us because of some procedural thing like the illegally gained emails being the only evidence or them being outside the 5 year window or the settlement agreement meaning they can't reprosecute.

I'm not convinced though...the club has gotten things wrong before and if I'm doubting them, then its no wonder no one outside the City fanbase is really thinking we have a case.

As the day has gone on, I've been more and more convinced that the club needs to make some sort of proper, detailed public statement, because staying silent for months (outside the aggressive reaction statement) is going to leave fans isolated and the media with nothing but the opposing view to air.

Last edited:
In hindsight did that document need to be 200 pages long, or was it sent knowing that them considering it fully would take them past the 5 year deadline?
The club had every right to present their defence and regardless of how long it took it should have been considered. It is evident that they were determined to find City guilty anyhow The club went hard for Leterme at the time

mmmm didn't realise 2 days before the announcement...…….12 February, 2020: Cas publishes documents that show City sought damages from Uefa for what they alleged were "unlawful" leaks to the media with regards to an inquiry into possible FFP breaches. The documents also show senior Uefa official Yves Leterme had dismissed the club's claims, stating they were "groundless" and "unacceptable in tone".

I'm afraid this shows the poor state of the relationship between City and UEFA, for a while now.

Dislike, distrust and accusatory language on both sides ?

Now we've reached High Noon, where each side just wants to bring down the other.

My view exactly on all the above!!

You know what saddens me about all this? There was a time in the pub we went on about the match, the refereeing decisions, offside or not, blind linesmen, biased refs, pies, sack the manager or board,....
Now it's courts in Switzerland, VAR

I don't want the old days back. I want the City
football of the last few years to stick around forever. But God I want to talk about referees and pies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.