Vicky Kloss

I'm afraid she and any from PR department are only capable of doing what they are permitted by higher suits in the club. If Khaldoon and Soriano don't want the fight with media, then she can't do much.

I hear what you say Ric, but having been close to the PR machine of a major FTSE, my opinion is that we have been very poor. Not reactive enough to really jump on the worst miscreants, not proactive enough to build relationships over lengthy periods to ensure we have balance during tough times. Just my opinion. The worst journalists are like fucking miscreant puppies and need to be dealt with with as much discipline, structure, reward and punishment.
However much I try I’m unable to picture Roan, Conn, Delaney et al as cute puppies !

The press conferences are controlled by Simon Heggie rather than Vicky Kloss.
Well whoever's it is they need to get a grip of the press. We both know the journos will be.licking their lips at the next presser. We need to start sometime soon to take control of our own presses rather than it being the other way round as it is at minute. Let them know we will be no longer be their whipping boys in our own presses for gods sake

I honestly don’t think the negative publicity can really be stopped. We have a free and independent press in this country and whether we like it or not, City aren’t exactly a popular entity. We’re an easy target for reasons far out of her control. The idea that someone could come into that role and suddenly get the media to toe the line is fanciful in the extreme.

Can only speak as you find, but she’s a very intelligent, passionate City fan who doesn’t really deserve to bear the brunt of what is happening. It’s easy to target her from behind a keyboard, but if you speak to people who have had actual real life dealings with her you’ll get a different picture.
Ric, you seem to be saying that Vicky is good at her job because she is professional, intelligent and a City fan. That’s not up for debate as I am sure she is all those things as well as being really nice and pleasant. That does not necessarily equip you as the best in your field. The most effective PR executives I worked with and came across were invariably Machiavellian devious aggressive c* nts but very good at dealing with the low life that inhabit the media and shaping the story.

I’m in PR and have had previous dealings with Vicky Kloss. She has all the positives that have been cited earlier. She is hugely respected in the PR industry so, I know it’s a cliche, please doesn’t shoot the messenger. She and her team must be busting a gut morning, noon and night to defend the corporate reputation of the business and City as a club. Assumption on my part but when she/her PR colleagues issued our reactive statement to the UEFA verdict they must have known that to use the killer words ‘irrefutable evidence’ was coda to Fleet Street to be careful for what you wish for. Vicky and the club are playing it long and strategic, which is unfathomable in the print media and cyberspace. Short term pain. Long term gain. Revenge is a dish best served cold. Give her a break. She knows what she’s doing.

Ive criticised Kloss on various threads becasue she is the head of the PR department , her hands maybe tied but she is the person running our PR so she will get the abuse , she takes the big salary so she take all the shit that goes with it , over the last decade our PR department have been toothless and as a supporter and paying customer i am tired of my club wining and dining the parasites in the press. As for revenge is best served cold , we have had ten years of short term pain , when does the gain start ? Not in my lifetime at this rate.

I’m in PR and have had previous dealings with Vicky Kloss. She has all the positives that have been cited earlier. She is hugely respected in the PR industry so, I know it’s a cliche, please doesn’t shoot the messenger. She and her team must be busting a gut morning, noon and night to defend the corporate reputation of the business and City as a club. Assumption on my part but when she/her PR colleagues issued our reactive statement to the UEFA verdict they must have known that to use the killer words ‘irrefutable evidence’ was coda to Fleet Street to be careful for what you wish for. Vicky and the club are playing it long and strategic, which is unfathomable in the print media and cyberspace. Short term pain. Long term gain. Revenge is a dish best served cold. Give her a break. She knows what she’s doing.
It's a bloody long game,a decade,events long overtook playing the long game

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.