UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We all know what’s probably going to happen.

UEFA will get us at least a 1 year ban with some fine and they’ll see that as a triumph. This will then open the door for PL to try and punish us. Surely they have to do their OWN investigations ??????
If you that's the case why didnt the club take the lower punishment they were offered a couple of months ago?

The club seem extremely confident they have enough evidence for this ruling to be overturned

A few of those defaming us today say UEFA has further damning evidence in their possession of our guilt, that we blatantly violated FFP,leaving financial footprints.

Like i said i had not heard this information before today.

Feels like UEFA are putting it out there now through their MSM sycophants .

They know what is hid in the dark ,will be seen in the light in the legal Courts.

Sorry i am not providing links to umpteen articles.

sid until we know otherwise

The Club has always anticipated the ultimate need to seek out an independent body and process to impartially consider the comprehensive body of irrefutable evidence in support of its position.

If you that's the case why didnt the club take the lower punishment they were offered a couple of months ago?

The club seem extremely confident they have enough evidence for this ruling to be overturned
Based on your perception are you confident this ruling will be overturned?

The emails shouldn't be admissible evidence and I assume that will be part of City's case, which may be accepted by CAS or a court whereas UEFA have only one goal in mind and don't care how they achieve it.

Ultimately we may have to go to real courts and have the regulations we have been purported to have broken declared illegal due to the fact - and I believe it is fact - that they are anti-competitive and nothing more than veiled protectionism. Win that case btw and I suspect we could then sue UEFA an ruin the fuckers and if there is evidence that they conspired with other clubs, take those bastards to the cleaners too.

I wonder what Abu Dhabi's secret service or equivalent can hack?

Isn’t there something in Swiss Law where they accept (call it what you will) hacked/stolen/illegally obtained material as long as the information is true?

Also seem to recall CAS accepting some similar material in a previous case?

obviously it would have to be proven what is contained in the alleged emails is true, which hopefully will prove impossible for UEFA

There were reports that Alexsander Ceferin tried to get City to accept guilt in return for a weak sanction.

If this is true there are two consequences:

1) City are very confident of their position,

2) More imprortantly, where does that leave the UEFA Adjudicatory Chamber? It means the process is not evidence based, and the Chamber is not primary. That is surely an abuse of process and UEFA just make it up as they go along?

However after all that has gone in, how much do you trust the sporting authorities? This of course relies on the Ceferin reports being accurate. He may just have been taking in a game.

He may have just been setting us up. Imagine the news leaks of us accepting another pinch and then UEFA changing their minds and still banning us.

This is the crux of it for me.

Did someone in the UAE (i.e., HH) top up the sponsorship funds? Maybe, maybe not. The emails seem to suggest they did.

But if that money was invested in each of the sponsors and then paid into City's accounts directly from Etihad, Etisalat, Aabar, etc. (as also suggested by the emails), I don't see how UEFA have much of a case.

It's not like they'll have any access to those companies' accounts/bank records as they have no jurisdiction over them. And in the very unlikely scenario they even asked to see them, they will have been told to fuck off.

So, all that matters is that if City stated X million as Aabar sponsorship revenue, then City's own bank records need to show that same X million arriving directly from Aabar. And the leaked emails suggest they were very careful about ensuring that happened.

Now obviously, if City's accounts show 25% of that X million came from Aabar and 75% came from elsewhere (i.e., ADUG, Sheikh Mansour), then we're bang to rights. But we surely wouldn't be appealing if it was that cut and dried.

So, my own hypothesis is that UEFA "know" we have circumvented FFP; the emails show it. But they have no other proof. And even if those emails were admissible, they could theoretically be explained away as meaning something else.

Rather than allowing us to get away with what they see as blatant "cheating", and knowing that the evidence they have won't stand up in CAS (or court), they have sought to inflict massive reputational damage in the hope that some of that damage will stick even when the punishment is overturned.

This ties in with the rumours that UEFA were desperate to agree a deal with City that saw us accept guilt with a token slap on the wrist. That suggests they weren't at all confident that their "evidence" would stand up to intense scrutiny.

When City told them they weren't interested, UEFA went for the only other option left to them — nuclear reputational damage. This explains why the punishment is so excessive; they know it won't be upheld, but they had to go in hard for the world to take notice and make at least some of the mud stick.

That's my theory anyway!

In this scenario you are describing money laundering. In essence we are using a bank transfer to a sponsor from us to falsely conceal the source of funds for a sponsorship deal. If that’s our defense we are truly buggered.

Nobody on here has a clue what our defense is. What is clear is that we are supremely confident of having this quashed. Our statement in response to the ban has basically accused UEFA of being totally corrupt. No legal team would dream of advising us putting this in writing unless they are 101% certain UEFA are wrong. An interesting time is ahead.

Based on your perception are you confident this ruling will be overturned?
I'll admit I'm no expert in this matter however after reading lots of different articles and people's views(not just on here) it seems Uefa are basing this ban on hacked emails.

In the emails there is talk of ways round FFP. Now the question is did the club actually go ahead with those plans or did they not?. If it did and Uefa have evidence then we're bang to rights and should be punished as we broke the rules.

The club are saying that they have irrefutable evidence that they didn't break the rules and they were unwilling to take a lower punishment as that would imply guilt.

It looks like City are willing to take this all the way to a high court if CAS don't overturn the decision. I'll always back the club I've loved and supported for the last 43 years to make the right decision. If they're confident then so am i

Uefa have just poked a bear and the bear isn't happy and if it goes to a high court then who knows what stuff will be said about Uefa as you can bet the club have been gathering information about them

The Ceferin rumour is very interesting. If the club have any proof of that offer surely it would strengthen their case? UEFA offer a slap on the wrist to save face with the cartel and media but we refuse as we believe we are innocent. UEFA then throw their toys out of the pram and hit us with the ban and fine. So even if we go to CAS and fail, surely the original slap on the wrist should be the punishment as that is what was originally agreed was fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.