UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is exactly my take on it, they've been seething with resentment ever since City became successful. The fact that
the money we invested resulted in brilliant signings, with clubs like the Rags also spending big but resulting in flops like
Pogba etc; Uefa, urged on by the likes of these, brought out one of the most bent rulings ever, designed solely to stymie City,
and ignore massive debts incurred by so called elite clubs. So now, they've gone completely balls out, so will we,
if this gets to court, we must have an enormous pile of shit to hurl at the whole rancid shower of them, bring every single
misdemeanour before them, cite the arseholes that were Platini and Blatter, brief every gutter journalist on the planet,
tell them to embellish every article, in short, make them squirm.
I really hope we never let up with this, use every dirty trick in the book, and pile on the agony of shame and embarrassment
about every facet of the corruption and unfairness they have employed against us.
I think what you are forgetting in your enthusiasm to hit back is that at some point we have to move on from this and continue to play football and compete for transfers and trophies including the Champions league. By all means do what is needed to overturn this verdict and maybe go as far as to change or scrap FFP, but to go for UEFA’s jugular would be an act to enjoy in haste and regret at leisure.

Would be class if Khaldoon wore a wire/camera when hosting Ceferin and UEFA. There had to be some point in hosting him and be brilliant if there was some admission that could be later used for our benefit in court.
No as it would have been made without prejudice and will therefore be inadmissible

I think what you are forgetting in your enthusiasm to hit back is that at some point we have to move on from this and continue to play football and compete for transfers and trophies including the Champions league. By all means do what is needed to overturn this verdict and maybe go as far as to change or scrap FFP, but to go for UEFA’s jugular would be an act to enjoy in haste and regret at leisure.

To be honest bud I don't care about keeping UEFA happy and I want no part of their circus until reform is set in place, we shouldn't fear them we should shun them.

This 'his highness' thing is bugging me now.

Looking through the list of directors at etihad and any UAE government linked business, every shiekh is refered to as his excellancy not his highness.

Only Sheikh Khalifa is refered to as his highness.

I cannot see how especially that twat Conn can get the term his highness refers to Shiekh Mansour unless you need to to suit a narrative.

As far as I can see etihad may have had money put in to by Sheikh Khalifa, but as he has fuck all to do with ADUG of CFG it shouldn't matter.

What a bloody drain this is. Been a grumpy sod all weekend. Got to say that this thread is keeping my sanity though, like a huge therapy session amongst like minded folk. Anyway a view random thoughts:
- there is a term in law called a smoking gun (in short whilst no one actually saw you shoot someone you happen to be holding a smoking gun). These emails do look like that and I’m concerned about that. Not easy to just dismiss as stolen. They are out there.
- so then the missing piece that frankly so many are guessing at is what is our defence and crucially how strong is it. I’ve not heard the legal opinion on that unless missed it. It’s usual for CEO types to bluff it out and sound bold and confident. I’d love to be. But we aren’t hearing anything other than a stance from the club. Clearly kaldoon etc are no fools. Fingers crossed.
- what is really pissing me off is the way fans of Leeds, Brighton , United etc are all piling in. Some do actually accept the fact that we had to do bold things to break the cartel, vested interests. But then give out all this cheats and trophies count for nothing now. I’m fearing that whatever plays out that stink is going to be hard to shake off. Rich coming from United who had the privileged position from years back, reminded my mate about them paying £35m or so for Rio F. An astronomic amount at the time. How? Because of the circular gravy train they and one or two other teams were able to run back then. When others can too now they just cannot hack it.
- I’m going to Real Madrid game and will scream the lads on. Could be one of the most electric toxic atmospheres in the history of the Etihad. Come on you blue boys.

Nailed it, this is what fans of other clubs should be reading.

It should be cut and pasted onto every comments section of every online paper and forum. Stop bring baited into arguements just post the above and whenever someone else replies then post it again and just keep doing it.
Can you cut and paste what referring to?

This 'his highness' thing is bugging me now.

Looking through the list of directors at etihad and any UAE government linked business, every shiekh is refered to as his excellancy not his highness.

Only Sheikh Khalifa is refered to as his highness.

I cannot see how especially that twat Conn can get the term his highness refers to Shiekh Mansour unless you need to to suit a narrative.

As far as I can see etihad may have had money put in to by Sheikh Khalifa, but as he has fuck all to do with ADUG of CFG it shouldn't matter.

Will be interesting to see the evidence and see what Uefa are trying to spin as a smoking gun. It’s odd they are looking at stuff up to 2016. Surely after the slap on the wrist in 2014 Uefa would have been all over City’s books in that period, what did they miss?

I think there might in the coming weeks be a realisation amongst the media, other fans, and City fans that we're not actually at the end game. We're at the end of the beginning. Read City's statement. I've been suggesting City fans do that for a while. The CAS is the first port of call. First implies there is a second.

What this also means is that the activities of the likes of Liverpool and Man Utd will also be called into question. We know they've been lobbying extensively and speaking with and leaking information to journalists. The boastful Simon Stone let that one out of the bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.