UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what you are forgetting in your enthusiasm to hit back is that at some point we have to move on from this and continue to play football and compete for transfers and trophies including the Champions league. By all means do what is needed to overturn this verdict and maybe go as far as to change or scrap FFP, but to go for UEFA’s jugular would be an act to enjoy in haste and regret at leisure.
No mate, whenever and however we do this, it has to be an end game of 'Going for the jugular,' I certainly understand
your reasoning, and I'm not saying this just to stick one to UEFA, but going in as hard as possible is the only way now.
Their ultimate climbdown, if it happens, will only be facilitated by taking such a stance, no agreements on the side,
or acceptance of lesser 'Punishments,' we've done that and it's has come back to bite us, and we have no choice now but to bite back.

Wise words which are unlikely to be popular on here. My take is as follows:

FFP was set up to stop us and PSG.
Both clubs tried to circumvent FFP with a bit of fantasy accounting.
Lots of clubs and officials are out to get us.
We gave them an opportunity.
Somehow, PSG got away with it but we didn’t.
We are now in damage limitation mode.
Sometimes life is a bit shit.

Not a popular view I’m sure.

Having an influential person inside UEFA helped.. just like Agent Gill means that the rags are protected..

We’re don’t have that opportunity but I personally want the club and the owners to hit them like they’ve never been hit before.. fuck the consequences

Oops, sorry. Here you go.

Nailed it, this is what fans of other clubs should be reading.

It should be cut and pasted onto every comments section of every online paper and forum. Stop bring baited into arguements just post the above and whenever someone else replies then post it again and just keep doing it.
Your mission (should you chose to accept it) is to cut and paste that statement into every newspaper comment section, social media chat room and email to every interested (and non-interested) parties.

This message will self destruct in 10 seconds...:)

I hope Pep comes out and says fuck it I’m signing a new contract and we are gonna push through this shit and continue to dominate because that’s what has led us here. One or two trophies and they wouldn’t care so much but over the last 10 years we’ve been the team to emulate in terms of style and the team to beat. I’d love it if he was up for a proper challenge like the one in front of us.

we can all hope that's the case , but the reality is loss of 2 years of champs league would mean 150-200m pounds of revenue lost and would make us a loss making operation again which we have worked hard to overcome. The giddy media is already stating our finances would have to be restructured + players have to be sold etc , utter nonsense.

Trust City to come thru with this.

Since we refused to accept the deal offed by Ceferin they knew we were not going to play ball and bow to the UEFA cartel again. I think they probably know they don’t have a leg to stand on and CAS will throw it all out. This ban is all about damaging our brand/City as much as possible, they want to unsettle current players and especially unsettle the future players that we will no doubt be looking to sign in the summer as part of the squad rebuild, they want to put doubt in the minds of future sponsors and investment. This has been a massive smear campaign and is being lapped up by all the click bate journos and social media donkeys to tarnish our image.

It’s time for City to have their day in court and end FFP then go after all the journos who have been spouting all this bias nonsense.

CTID

The worrying thing is that CAS can be ‘influenced’ like any arbitrary body. The only true sight that can be given if the point of law. Are UEFA protecting certain clubs and turning a blind eye to their financial dealings?
Abso-fücking-lutely. Just look at PSG, damn near the same ‘offences’ yet walk away admonished, who is on the UEFA board??? Check it !!!

The emails can be made to look very different subject to context. Etihad are a state airline. Their financial obligations are met by the UAE state so the funds can be routed through state functionaries who sit on City's board.

What matters is whether Etihad had a preexisting watertight financial agreement with Man City, and I rather think they did. The media certainly thought they did when they went on and on year earlier about City raising one of the biggest sponsorships in football. There are loads of reports in the media about a City and Etihad deal worth around £50m pa.

we should indeed be wary of opponents and self delusion. Football is dominated by power and these things are often decided by influence and not the validity of someones argument.

Ethics do not come into it. The likes of Tebas are out and out far right politicans who use prejudice to gain popularity and there people run leagues. We have rival CEO's sat on UEFA licencing committees. We have CEOs of major football clubs leaking news to their pet journalists. The process is bent. It's obvious. Are CAS part of it, or are they truly independent?
I’d like to think Marv that in relation to your last statement about “are CAS bent too”, that in reality UEFA will probably expect (and maybe want) us to win the appeal at CAS as if we don’t then we take the whole thing down by going after FFP in the law courts.

Obviously the cartel won’t want FFP destroying as that opens the gateway for other clubs to gate crash the party, hence my belief that UEFA went for the big ban so we get tarnished in the media knowing full well it’ll get overturned at CAS, as has been alluded to by a few with far more knowledge that me on the matters.

Another point on the bbc one show when they covered the Emirates fa draw the City fan had to have gaffer tape across her Shirt to cover Etihad Airways.
Remember the semi final against arsenal in the Emirates fa cup semi final arsenal statium and shirt sponsor is the same as the fa cup and how we got screwed to lose.

Why weren't accusations made about how arsenal and the main sponsors help them get to the final that their main sponsors was also sponsor of the fa cup . A clear conflict of interest

It's a bent as a 9 bob note

Last edited:
I’d like to think Marv that in relation to your last statement about “are CAS bent too”, that in reality UEFA will probably expect (and maybe want) us to win the appeal at CAS as if we don’t then we take the whole thing down by going after FFP in the law courts.

Obviously the cartel won’t want FFP destroying as that opens the gateway for other clubs to gate crash the party, hence my belief that UEFA went for the big ban so we get tarnished in the media knowing full well it’ll get overturned at CAS, as has been alluded to by a few with far more knowledge that me on the matters.

FFP has to be taken through the courts mate. Anything less and we kick the can down the road only for someone to throw it back through our window in 5 years time as they try yet again to ruin us.

Anything less and for the first time i will think we have the wrong leadership at City regardless of what they have done, achieved and given us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.