UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Once upon a time, there was a really prestigious football tournament called the European Cup, which was based on sporting excellence. It brought together outstanding teams from across the continent. To qualify teams first had to prove themselves by winning their own league, this truly was a competition for champions.

With the glory though also came the opportunity for great wealth & eventually the principal of sporting excellence was overtaken by greed. The self-appointed elite of the time "the European Royalty" decided they wanted a greater share of the spoils & they wanted it guaranteed regardless of their performance!

The grubby little cartel (later known as the G14) threatened to break away & form their own Super League, unless everyone else agreed to their demands! Feeling they had little choice, UEFA caved in & the"Champions" League was born.

At the heart of this self-serving little cartel were 3 English clubs (Man United, Liverpool & Arsenal) & coincidentally the format of the new competition granted 3 places to English teams. It also changed from a straight knockout format to an initial group stage. So now not only could they still qualify by only finishing 2nd or 3rd in the Premier League, they were also guaranteed at least 6 lucrative fixtures each season.

BOOM! The money started rolling in & the big 3 got fatter, as they disappeared over the horizon, leaving the rest of the league with little chance of ever challenging their increasing financial dominance!

Then out of the blue, a wealthy Russian Oligarch, Roman Abramovich, rolled into town to bankroll Chelsea & gatecrash the party! With the gravy train now under threat, the greedy little threesome convinced UEFA to increase the English allocation to 4 places! Phew disaster averted, onwards & upwards, no harm done...

That was until the "evil" Sheikh Mansour bought Manchester City with his unlimited "dirty oil money!"!

Now with UEFA unable or unwilling to accommodate this latest unwelcome guest at the top table, a new strategy was required to preserve the dominance of the established elite. Without further a do, the "Financial Fair Play" was conceived!

This had little to do with "fair play", turning a blind eye to debt ridden clubs & owners that systematically drained money out of the game! It was solely designed to stop wealthy owners investing in clubs & making them competitive; thus ensuring the lazy established elite remained unchallenged.

Undeterred by the bogus nature of these new constraints targeted at them & any future investors, Manchester City embarked on transforming the club, with initial investment to break the cartel & putting top quality people in place, off the field as well as on it.

In addition to breaking all records on the pitch, the club has now achieved commercial sustainability & delivered 4 years of profit. The club is now independently valued at over £2B (reportedly outstripping all the Premier League old-guard). This has shown a huge return on Sheikh Mansour's £1.2B investment & dispelling the lie of "financial doping".

So what do the owners of the established "European Royalty" do now? Up their game? Risk their own money to meet the challenge? No! They utilise their stooges in the media to try & discredit City's achievements & demand UEFA do "something" to derail Citys' progress!

Manchester City FC -
Centurions
Fourmidables
Champions of England (again)
FA Cup holders
League Cup holders
The best ran football club in the world!

Thank you Sheikh Mansour, thank you Kaldoon & Thank you Pep Guardiola.
This ^^^^

I saw a post in another forum saying the FA were looking to strip titles and some players must be sold, including KDB. I take it this is pish and ****s at it?

Maybe every title won by Littlewoods FC should also be stripped after 1960 when the Moore's family fortunes moved across Stanley Park, or maybe go to John Goulding paying Scottish footballers to form his new club after Everton wouldn't be blackmailed into paying extortionate rent on the ground.
Maybe the same with Harry Staffords Dog FC, as that money didn't grow organically either.......

I hope Pep comes out and says fuck it I’m signing a new contract and we are gonna push through this shit and continue to dominate because that’s what has led us here. One or two trophies and they wouldn’t care so much but over the last 10 years we’ve been the team to emulate in terms of style and the team to beat. I’d love it if he was up for a proper challenge like the one in front of us.

Pep being a Catalan I wonder how much this resonates with him. City being prejudiced against by a governing body that abuses their power, to protect a corrupt body against individual freedom.

Last edited:
Yup, Leeds is an obvious investment target.
Hope your being serious because in all the leagues them and Newcastle are obvious targets . Massive fanbase history one city team . Leeds away supports is probably bigger than virtually all the premiership teams . Trouble on here a lot let there heart rule there head so they would never acknowledge a team such as Leeds as being massive .

I think one of the earlier posters hit the nail on the head. This is political which City are also saying. PSG / Qatar allowed to have their man on Uefa board. Consequently the same prosecutor for them and us Leterme clears PSG of FFP. Could it be on the proviso that Leterme nails City with legal expenses funded by Qatar or dare I say a bribe. Am I right in thinking that Qatar and The Sheik are enemies. Qatar has announced that is to sponsor Beckham's Inter Miami to the tune of 180 million.

They got cleared because the deal we and PSG did the five years were up and that’s what city say and why they are confident it be thrown out.

Can you add any particles of rationailty to your abuse at all? Explain why Soriano isn't responsible for our failure to meet FFP and to ensure secure managagement communication systems.
Considering you usually reply to polite questions with abuse, that comes across as hypocritical. So no, I couldn't really be arsed. You could always try doing some research into why we 'failed' FFP in the first place that said, or wouldn't that suit your narrative of slating the club that you purport to follow?

How long would have he investigation take ? Surely something of this magnitude wouldn’t be over in weeks and would we still banned or would it be suspended ?

Any links?

Sounds like bollocks to me!

I have asked for a link from the guy who posted it. Here is what was posted.

REVEALED: Manchester City's Premier League title in 2014 is now UNDER THREAT with potential backdated points deduction - and Raheem Sterling, Kevin De Bruyne and Aymeric Laporte could be sold

I haven't seen anything relating to it, so I think it may indeed be people taking the piss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.