Vicky Kloss

No it points to the fact that the media is already totally polluted by fan-boys of the old PL Big4 who can put their bias aside

So then why be nice to them? If they're gonna write and say crap anyway just ban them and be done with it.

Deny news outlets any access other than what's required until they start being fair with us.

The primary function of PR is to build a beneficial relationship with the public and customers. Amongst other things it includes responsibility for Media relations.
Nobody said it was an easy job.
You may have answered your own question. Nothing, or at least not enough. Like it or not Journalists and media are 'customers' of PR.

Im saying there is nothing we could do to build a favourable relationship because the clubs they traditionally support, the organisations they work for and the subscribers who pay their wages have since day one decided we are the enemy and have to be stopped.

How many rival fans have you had a discussion with and tried to get onside?

I've had loads and never once succeeded in convincing them we are not cheats or an oil club etc etc etc.

Pissing against the wind, closed minds, ulterior motives, a common goal and careers and money to be made.

Im saying there is nothing we could do to build a favourable relationship because the clubs they traditionally support, the organisations they work for and the subscribers who pay their wages have since day one decided we are the enemy and have to be stopped.

I've had loads and never once succeeded in convincing them we are not cheats or an oil club etc etc etc.

Pissing against the wind, closed minds, ulterior motives, a common goal and careers and money to be made.

Agree bud, we made enemies when we threatened the top 4 which morphed very quickly into the top 6, they don't like us they never will we shouldn't even try to ingratiate ourselves with them at all. Scouse fan came to my house yesterday to watch the match and I informed him that no football is being watched in this house until this is sorted.

His reply was to say that it was childish, he can fuck right off now the smarmy arse.

If, as has has been said, the main focus of her role is to build a more harmonious relationship with the press, it has patently failed. A decade on and you just sense the press are always straining at the leash to come after us.

Banning all of them will achieve nothing, making an example of 1 or 2 might just get the others thinking. It might not, but the tactic of continued generous hospitality for these people is getting us nowhere. They must laugh at us.

One area I think we’ve shot ourselves in the foot over the years is seemingly providing no press access to senior execs. For example, Khaldoon’s annual appearance is always carefully orchestrated. It might lead the media to question the appearance of what the club presents to them versus a secretive hierarchy. If she is the means by which the club manage the media in this respect, she deserves a lot of sympathy.

One area I think we’ve shot ourselves in the foot over the years is seemingly providing no press access to senior execs.

An interesting point and the clearly scripted and manufactured yearly Khaldoon interview aside, it pisses me off and no doubt many others that even us City fans here fuck all and nothing from them about anything!

Why?

QUE ?? ;)

Nalgo, oakie, National Association of Local Government Officers, long since subsumed into UNITE? When I worked and was involved in union matters it was an alternative explanation as to what NALGO often did - nothing. It seems from the outside that our press office appears to follow a similar vein!

So then why be nice to them? If they're gonna write and say crap anyway just ban them and be done with it.

Deny news outlets any access other than what's required until they start being fair with us.
I don’t know but the strategy comes from the owner Maybe they are aware that any bans and the press would accuse them of trying to turn the UK into Abu Dhabi Ultimately they will write what they want anyhow

This would be the ideal time for the PR department to arrange a long awaited 2nd visit to the stadium by the Sheikh, it would help galvanise the fans and give confidence back to everyone especially if he made a really positive reassuring statement also.
All together from the tea lady to the top !

I do understand where you are coming from but my own experience is different. I have worked with PR execs during peace and war and I can tell you that if they are very good at their job they can influence even the most reptilian media. Not convert them into fans but at least halt them from publishing untruths. It takes persistence and a range of behaviours from Gandhi to ghengis but it can be done.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.