Caroline Flack - rest in peace

This mornings papers headlines say it all about their lack of understanding of what they have done.

Not one can bring themselves to say she took her life, just "Caroline dead at 40", not a sign of empathy.

Gossip and inuendo has been part of social culture since before shakespeares time, but these last few decades of 24hr media and the need to fill airtime and column space online and the cult of celebrity that creeped into our society from america especially inthe 80s (not that I am blaming yanks) has slowly seen it become a viscous and nasty medium.

The skewering of acceptable criticism to down right abuse has turned such as social media from a way to connect to a sewer of hate and bile at times and those who thrive off clickbait such as the vilest gobshites that is murdochs papers help keep this culture going.

You can say those also to blame are those that read and click on these as perpetuating the continuation, but as a species we haven't changed much from those that went to watch public executions in medieval times or why when a fight in a street breaks out people stop to watch, why that is though I don't know.

This woman obvioulsy had issues away from the limelight and yes you cannot ignore she allegedly commited domestic violence towards her partner, but the vitriol and bile aimed at her compared to say ozzie osbourne or jonny depp for doing the same was something else, the fact she was sacked from ITV where Ant who who wrapped a car round a tree while drunk and could have kiiled a child in the process was given support and sympathy, and returned to his job.

Is this because where those three are seen as top tier celebrity, where caroline was seen as a presenter of a tacky tv show and so fair game for media shaming and the usual big name trolls like wooten, hartley-brewer and piers morgan to pile in.

On morgan it is funny that yesterday he tweeted his condolence on her death, which was retweated by Irvin welsh with the comment "fuck off you two faced twat" welsh has been now criticised for being part of the problem, but as I said at the top I find that acceptable critcism and abuse has been skewed and his comment to Morgan, is not targetted abuse but needed to be said.

The scum paper, the likes of ITV who sacked her, crass cunts like walliams and morgan, the clickbait generation eager to pile on to feel part of something, all should feel some guilt over another death because people cannot show empathy.

RIP let her family mourn in peace and condolences to them.

Last edited:
By the sound of it she hung herself, the papers said her friend who was staying with her popped out to the shops and when she returned there was no answer.

It's a real shame that she got to the point where she couldn't go on.

To be seriously fair ww I too had to Google to see who she was.That is not a piss take mate.
Be sad that a fellow human has taken her own life Oakie but lack of knowledge/interest of the doings of reality tv and social media is nothing to be sorry for.

Always tragic when someone takes their life. Social media is now a part of life and it isn't going anywhere. Providing support for people who are suffering mental health issues is the key. Social media didn't kill her, poor mental health did. Switching the focus avoids the real issue.

It is a contributing factor. She literally said that she’d present, feel good about herself, then go home and scroll through abuse about her appearance.

Who in god’s name does that to someone? What happened to kindness?

A certain place in hell is awaiting these online trolls that drive others to despair.

Only have to start a thread on here about a footballer or celeb , Philip Schofield for example - to see the abuse people give , Aids jokes etc. and I’d say forums like this are mild compared to the comments on Twitter and other social media platforms, it’s bang out of order and I can’t see it being stopped.

This mornings papers headlines say it all about their lack of understanding of what they have done.

Not one can bring themselves to say she took her life, just "Caroline dead at 40", not a sign of empathy.

Gossip and inuendo has been part of social culture since before shakespeares time, but these last few decades of 24hr media and the need to fill airtime and column space online and the cult of celebrity that creeped into our society from america especially inthe 80s (not that I am blaming yanks) has slowly seen it become a viscous and nasty medium.

The skewering of acceptable criticism to down right abuse has turned such as social media from a way to connect to a sewer of hate and bile at times and those who thrive off clickbait such as the vilest gobshites that is murdochs papers help keep this culture going.

You can say those also to blame are those that read and click on these as perpetuating the continuation, but as a species we haven't changed much from those that went to watch public executions in medieval times or why when a fight in a street breaks out people stop to watch, why that is though I don't know.

This woman obvioulsy had issues away from the limelight and yes you cannot ignore she allegedly commited domestic violence towards her partner, but the vitriol and bile aimed at her compared to say ozzie osbourne or jonny depp for doing the same was something else, the fact she was sacked from ITV where Ant who who wrapped a car round a tree while drunk and could have kiiled a child in the process was given support and sympathy, and returned to his job.

Is this because where those three are seen as top tier celebrity, where caroline was seen as a presenter of a tacky tv show and so fair game for media shaming and the usual big name trolls like wooten, hartley-brewer and piers morgan to pile in.

On morgan it is funny that yesterday he tweeted his condolence on her death, which was retweated by Irvish welsh with the comment "fuck off you two faced twat" welsh has been now criticised for being part of the problem, but as I said at the top I find that acceptable critcism and abuse has been skewed and his comment to Morgan, is not targetted abuse but needed to be said.

The scum paper, the likes of ITV who sacked her, crass cunts like walliams and morgan, the clickbait generation eager to pile on to feel part of something, all should feel some guilt over another death because people cannot show empathy.

RIP let her family mourn in peace and condolences to them.

Do you know many domestic abusers who should get a free pass? She was in the limelight, she committed an unforgivable crime and she had to put up with the consequences. Let’s blame social media

Do you know many domestic abusers who should get a free pass? She was in the limelight, she committed an unforgivable crime and she had to put up with the consequences. Let’s blame social media

An unforgivable act. Seriously fuck off. She has had a barny and lobbed a light at her fella who is built like a brick shithouse. The world has gone fucking mad. I have had everything thrown at me over the year by women. It just life.

An unforgivable act. Seriously fuck off. She has had a barny and lobbed a light at her fella. The world has gone fucking mad. I have had everything thrown at me over the year by women. It just life.

domestic abuse is life? You’re part of the problem then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.