Manchester City 5-2 Tottenham Hotspur - 94/95

First year as a season ticket holder, being 6 years old. I like to call this the first game I ever attended as it's certainly the first one I remember... Told my dad afterwards thet I felt like crying, what a weird kid

I remember Walsh's goal looking like it was going wide until the spin of the ball took it in, so that'd mean I was in the family stand even back then?

My mate had city to win 4-2 still makes me laugh to this day the look on his face when flitcroft put in the fifth. Can't remember if it was this or West ham game where I was hit in the face by ball from a Paul Walsh shot in the warmup.

I’d moved from the Kippax to the north stand for this game, block P from memory. It was a great game and as others have said beagrie and Walsh were absolutely unplayable on the day. I’m sure the released a commemorative video of the game . Something like “the main road massacre” (??)

We also had been relocated to front row of J block. Remember vividly watching Beagrie close up. It was s great game but that season it was hard to gauge distance at Platt Lane end.
Also watching Budgie Burridge warming up was a sight

I remember it well, I was in the Main stand where my season ticket was, we were brilliant going forward with that four pronged attack under Brian Horton. I used to see him regularly In my local at the time, The Hesketh in Cheadle Hulme.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.