Caroline Flack - rest in peace

A woman throwing a lamp at her boyfriend, in an argument, isn’t unforgivable.

Rape, murder and paedophilia are unforgivable crimes.

And anyway, Flack hadn’t been found guilty at that point and was still go through the process and her boyfriend didn’t want to press charges and had quite clearly forgiven her.

The first line is all that needs to be said to prove him wrong.

And anyway, Flack hadn’t been found guilty at that point and was still go through the process and her boyfriend didn’t want to press charges and had quite clearly forgiven her.

that’s alright then, when it calmed down he didn’t want to press charges. Says it all how bad it was that it still ended up in court because the police couldn’t let it slide. If I smashed a lamp over my birds head in a row I’d deem that unforgivable. She was a lunatic who needed help, sadly she didn’t get it

It's all semantics and not relevant now she's died, but did she really just throw a lamp at her boyfriend during an argument? Because I'm sure I read that she was accused of smashing him round the head with a lamp while he was asleep, which is obviously a lot more serious.

It's all semantics and not relevant now she's died, but did she really just throw a lamp at her boyfriend during an argument? Because I'm sure I read that she was accused of smashing him round the head with a lamp while he was asleep, which is obviously a lot more serious.

Don’t worry mate, because she’s dead that act is now ok. Think they need to google Flack bloody bed, see the pictures. Read the articles and police quotes and then revisit this thread. We have the thread on police violence where that dick officer was rightly called out for putting that kids life at risk. I’d say hitting someone over the head with an object whilst they slept is not too dissimilar. If that copper now tops himself will we blame social media or the fact he was a tosser?

Do you know many domestic abusers who should get a free pass? She was in the limelight, she committed an unforgivable crime and she had to put up with the consequences. Let’s blame social media
She was charged with a crime.

The vast majority of domestic cases fail because the complainant decides they don’t want to press charges. In many cases they may have decided that the incident was just a row that got out of hand and and don’t consider it serious enough for court action. But it’s also true that many complainants are pressured by their abuser to withdraw their complaint. I’m absolutely not saying that’s what happened in this case. But it seems to me to be quite right for the CPS to pursue a case where a complainant withdraws their complaint, if they believe that they have sufficient evidence to secure a conviction, even without the cooperation of the complaint.

it can’t be right that complainants should be able to veto a prosecution, because that would just increase the incentive for abusers to intimidate their victims into refusing to press charges.

that’s alright then, when it calmed down he didn’t want to press charges. Says it all how bad it was that it still ended up in court because the police couldn’t let it slide. If I smashed a lamp over my birds head in a row I’d deem that unforgivable. She was a lunatic who needed help, sadly she didn’t get it

Domestic violence is terrible and should rightly be punished but it’s not unforgivable. People make mistakes and she’s gone through a lot of abuse and had many issues.

I’m not excusing her, people often get excused when they are responsible but I think you’re overplaying a woman throwing an object in an argument. I think it happens more than you think.

And I think size comes into it, I could easily beat my Mrs up if I tried to, obviously I haven’t ever laid a finger on her in that respect but my point is that me attacking her is worse than the other way around, even if her attacking me is still very wrong and illegal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.