Caroline Flack - rest in peace

One of the best winners of Strictly come Dancing as well, really talented.

Certain social media platforms are absolute poison and should be banned.

Reality tv has also got to go.

The whole of society will be better for it.

Domestic violence is terrible and should rightly be punished but it’s not unforgivable. People make mistakes and she’s gone through a lot of abuse and had many issues.

I’m not excusing her, people often get excused when they are responsible but I think you’re overplaying a woman throwing an object in an argument. I think it happens more than you think.

And I think size comes into it, I could easily beat my Mrs up if I tried to, obviously I haven’t ever laid a finger on her in that respect but my point is that me attacking her is worse than the other way around, even if her attacking me is still very wrong and illegal.

That’s what’s wrong with society. A woman doing it isn’t as bad due to “size” yet they want equality in any other way. She didn’t throw a lamp in a row, she smashed it over his head whilst he slept. Very easily could have ended much worse for him in that scenario. If you’re in the limelight and behave that way you rightly get what you give. Everyone moaning that people need to be nicer is a load of shite. I said it before and I’ll say it again; if that copper tops himself who twatted the football fan last week, would everyone call on the world to be nicer? No, he got shit for being an aggressive thug. The end.

An unforgivable act. Seriously fuck off. She has had a barny and lobbed a light at her fella who is built like a brick shithouse. The world has gone fucking mad. I have had everything thrown at me over the year by women. It just life.

I’m going to correct you because you clearly aren’t up to speed with the details and I’m not having you punting fake news about.

Caroline Flack hit her boyfriend over the head with a lamp whilst he was sleeping.

I’m going to correct you because you clearly aren’t up to speed with the details and I’m not having you punting fake news about.

Caroline Flack hit her boyfriend over the head with a lamp whilst he was sleeping.
Allegedly. You're right to say that's what she was accused of. But they both deny that happened.

He didn't help matters though as it was his 999 call and subsequent conversation with the police that led to her being charged.

Out of interest how do you know exactly what happened?

He said ""What I witnessed today was horrible. She did not hit me with a lamp.. Arguments do happen every day in every relationship. Gutted I am not allowed to protect her right now."

One of the best winners of Strictly come Dancing as well, really talented.

Certain social media platforms are absolute poison and should be banned.

Reality tv has also got to go.

The whole of society will be better for it.

There would be an outcry from "celebs" if social media was banned. It is their #1 platform for feeding their narcissism. Reality tV the same, it's the step ladder to social media stardom. The same type of people thrive on both. "the whole of society" doesn't care about either, but that part of society that does care are the same personality types that use it to feed their need.
What social media and the internet in general does is provide a conduit, how people use it is entirely based on their personality. Many of the most brilliant people on earth don't use it for self promotion. You haven't heard of them because the don't court fame.

Flack was one of thousands of showbiz types driven by narcissistic tendencies which were both her strength and her weakness. She did something terrible in circumstances which we don't fully understand but she did, and the impending trial appears to have been more than she could cope with.

A sad loss but I don't blame anyone or anything else for her actions.

That’s what’s wrong with society. A woman doing it isn’t as bad due to “size” yet they want equality in any other way. She didn’t throw a lamp in a row, she smashed it over his head whilst he slept. Very easily could have ended much worse for him in that scenario. If you’re in the limelight and behave that way you rightly get what you give. Everyone moaning that people need to be nicer is a load of shite. I said it before and I’ll say it again; if that copper tops himself who twatted the football fan last week, would everyone call on the world to be nicer? No, he got shit for being an aggressive thug. The end.

I think you are missing the point of what people are saying.

No one is excusing domestic violence, no one is saying a man or woman who come home and on a regular basis either physically or mentaly abuses their partner is not a **** or shouldn't be villified.

But this instance from all reports was not part of a sustained pattern of an abusive relationship and she had previously talked about her struggle with depression recently, she snapped, we don't know why and twatted her boyfriend, again we don't know why.

Maybe it will come out he was a battered partner, but atm it doesn't look that way and to lump this in at present with genuine victims of sustained attacks and violence by their partners lessens their suffering in my opinion.

Also the point that ozzie osbourne battered sharon for their early years and then got his own tv show, johnny depps domestic abuse is completely ignored and as said ant mcpharlain was given councelinging 100% support from ITv and other celebs, where this girl was thrown under the bus and cast aside to be ridiculed and shamed.

Domestic violence is inexcusable, but so is not helping those suffering from mental health issues.

Out of interest how do you know exactly what happened?

He said ""What I witnessed today was horrible. She did not hit me with a lamp.. Arguments do happen every day in every relationship. Gutted I am not allowed to protect her right now."
Because unfortunately for him (and her), he told the police on the night that she had hit him with a lamp while he was asleep and had tried to kill him. Now either that didn't happen and he was being a bellend on the night. Or it did happen and something subsequently made him change his mind. Either way, the police and CPS decided to go with the original version of events he gave them, both on the phone and in person when they arrived at the scene.

Because unfortunately for him (and her), he told the police on the night that she had hit him with a lamp while he was asleep and had tried to kill him. Now either that didn't happen and he was being a bellend on the night. Or it did happen and something subsequently made him change his mind. Either way, the police and CPS decided to go with the original version of events he gave them, both on the phone and in person when they arrived at the scene.
yes no one knows

He could have been using a 999 call to scare her into calming down. Like you say no one will ever know for sure. Especially after he said she didn't do it.

As soon as he said he didn't want to press charges the CPS should have dropped the case. Pointless excercise that has no doubt partly resulted in Flack taking her life. Tragic and avoidable. I see the CPS has closed ranks like all public bodies do when under under criticism. No doubt they will offer some mealy mouthed statement saying no one was to blame but lessons will be learned in a month or so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.