UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's certainly attracted an infestation of mouth foaming dippers in the comments.

They infest every comments section in all media. They are truly some the most insufferable people alive - Champions of Europe, 25 points clear at the top of the Prem and all they can think about is attacking other clubs! Never forget how they exiled Karius - one of their own - with their venomous hatred!

Looks like is all over now. No way there is revenue to pay salaries if no UCL. So hope ban can be reduced to one year and we move on. If not sell all players that wont stay for premium moneu and start bring in young cheap players like Foden. And play them and rebuild. In two years timewe all will be fine. Stronger than ever before.
Fucking hell. Read this back when the hallucigens wear off. Embarrassing post.

The tar brush was out among other fans the minute we bought Robinho!

Liverpool achievements are all because of VAR, Ferguson influenced all the refs, City brought the title etc.

Every achievement is belittled by rival fans, so why would people let it bother them. It’s the happiness it brings to you, the best you can hope really is it annoys the rival fans.

A lot of Liverpool fans hope they get more VAR decisions on the way to the title, not because there after credit, they simply like seeing the piss boil. Rival fans where complaining about VAR yesterday favouring Liverpool and let’s be honest Mane did nothing, if that was Pukki on Van Dijk we’d be going mad if it was disallowed.

So I’m hope this will be our stick to beat us with, but we go with it. The ban gets overturned and United finish 5th and don’t get in (piss warming up nicely), Win it during the 2 years we where suppose to be banned, rival fans say doesn’t count you where banned for cheating and got of on a technicality etc (piss boiling everywhere at this point)x

Let’s other fans have their view, it’s formed now anyway. We’ll just be the rich kid who did bad things and parents bailed us out with their money/ contacts. Who go on to have a better life the career, money, beautiful home and wife and others look on from their mundane life saying how we didn’t deserve it and it’s unjust etc.

Simply put embrace it blues, because otherwise your facing a losing battle!!

Love opposition supporters banging on about cheating and fiddling etc. As if every single top club doesn’t cook their books every single season, especially post ffp.

If CAS throw it out can we then start proceedings against UEFA and all media outlets who have besmirched us for damages. If so surely the starting point would be the amount we stood to lose from being out of the CL for two years. If this all goes our way there won’t be enough paper in the world to print all the apologies and money owing. Bring it on I say and with this deadline to appeal imminent, it all starts very soon. I just want to be able to say in a few months ‘Gill, Parry, Woodwood, FSG, Ceferin (insert more names here) your boys took one hell of a beating.

Not so sure if City win that they would want to keep the issue alive by going after everyone. I suspect given the way we've managed things so far and the way our owners are we'd accept the verdict with a smile make a statement and then carry on as normal.

Nobody cares about who leaked it and why anymore. They do care about what was leaked the veracity of it. It's this that's kicked off these shenanigans in earnest. We can only hope the City hierarchy have played their cards right because the only result that works for us is UEFAs full penalty being rescinded. A partial ban is just as bad as a full one as the guilt attached would remain the same. All or nothing. And City need to start fucking bearing teeth now......
Well, according to the Times, City's owners care who leaked it because they believe the club has been targeted by agents of Qatar with the Pinto data hack and also that Qatari influence has infected any decisions made by UEFA. The fact that UEFA took no action against PSG whose FFP breach was much worse than ours is crucial to the whole case. The result of this legal battle will impact on the whole future of football and is more important than the content of the leaks. That's why City are not co-operating with UEFA. We want to take them on.

Just wanted to let you guys know you're not alone. What UEFA is doing and has been doing for years is disgusting, inherently corrupt and is destroying football. Sport without competitivity isn't worthwhile and UEFA seem hell bent on eradicating any form of competitiveness (except where it favours their "chosen few"). They've already destroyed football in Italy by crippling us, Inter, with their sanctions and once they were done with us and we got on something approaching an even foot again, they've hunted down and are hunting down Milan (how interesting that UEFA never took the slightest interest in seeing that Juventus were punished for calciopoli or in pursuing a suitable punishment instead of the ridiculously flimsy penalty that was handed down).

It's not that the clubs they've gone after haven't compromised the rules so much as that the rules are compromised themselves. An example from Serie A, Juventus win it every year so their prize money is huge. That allows them to invest more money which increases their dominance (and lets not kid ourselves, we all know who is going to win the scudetto again this year, and the next, and the next...) which allows them to invest even more money ad infinitum. Financial Fair Play has been set up by a cartel of clubs and those in cahoots with these clubs. UEFA as anyone with even a cursory knowledge of football knows is inherently corrupt. UEFA pontificating about morals and dishing out punishments? That's like taking lessons in morality from Jimmy Saville.

I have firmly believed from day one that UEFA's FFP rules were eminently challengeable in a legal context. In what other business can you tell somebody that they can't invest their own money to grow a project??? The way City have been run since your current owners came in has been exemplary. They speculated to accumulate, an age old business practice, and having done so wisely and astutely are reaping deserved rewards. That a mafia-like organisation like UEFA is now sticking its nose in because they don't like "the new kids on the block" (and I use that term with tongue firmly in cheek; City have always been a massive club and similarly to Inter, unlike other clubs like Liverpool, United, Juventus, your and our fans don't only turn up when the team is winning).

I always hoped we would try to fight UEFA but we were in a mess because of the Moratti-Thohir-Suning ownership saga and by the time Suning came in, I think they felt it was better to just get FFP out of the way and build. I genuinely think your owners however are savvy, wealthy, well-connected, intelligent and committed enough to be the club which finally takes UEFA down from its pedestal. I have nothing but respect for Manchester City, your owners and your project and I hope as much as you do that you manage to give UEFA a bloody nose over this. If they get away with it this time, I shudder to think what the future holds for football. Whilst United are riddled with debt, Juventus have posted debt on the Irish stock exchange for the last couple of years, UEFA are targetting a club which seriously has its house in order and is a shining example for how to run a football club.

Best of luck and I will be supporting you every step of the way.

Forza City!

Just caught up with this excellent post.

Thanks for your genuine support and ability to see the bigger picture in play here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.