Caroline Flack - rest in peace

Maybe, maybe not. It depends what evidence was gathered on the night to prove that an assault did take place.

Either way, I'm not sure relying on alleged victims to press charges is the right way to get tough on domestic violence.
So how do you prove without doubt what actually happened if the witness/victim says nothing happened?

The vast majority of domestic cases fail because the complainant decides they don’t want to press charges. In many cases they may have decided that the incident was just a row that got out of hand and and don’t consider it serious enough for court action. But it’s also true that many complainants are pressured by their abuser to withdraw their complaint. I’m absolutely not saying that’s what happened in this case. But it seems to me to be quite right for the CPS to pursue a case where a complainant withdraws their complaint, if they believe that they have sufficient evidence to secure a conviction, even without the cooperation of the complaint.

it can’t be right that complainants should be able to veto a prosecution, because that would just increase the incentive for abusers to intimidate their victims into refusing to press charges.

I do not disagree with a word you’ve said there. I have absolutely no problem with her being prosecuted and the CPS pursuing it.

My point is that the public and media should have acted differently towards her.

Last edited:
So how do you prove without doubt what actually happened if the witness/victim says nothing happened?
You present the original version of events from the 999 call and the body camera footage and let a jury decide whether they want to believe what he was saying at the time or what he eventually changed his story to.

You present the original version of events from the 999 call and the body camera footage and let a jury decide whether they want to believe what he was saying at the time or what he eventually changed his story to.
Yes well that will never happen now....she's dead

yes but then he took it all back....so has to be disregarded.

just my opinion of course.

She will never be found guilty now anyway.
It cant be though because it was all recorded on a phone call and on body worn cameras by the coppers who went there. Things cant be deleted and just ignored, and they are used to record things for exactly these circumstances. Plenty of victims down the years will have been coerced by abusers to drop charges, though not in this case, but things cannot just be disregarded as you suggest. The fact that he was fast asleep when smashed across the head with something will be the reason the CPS were running with this, with recorded evidence of her going mental at the scene.
It is a terrible tragic shame that he was unable to cope with this, and as others have said that will probably be because it is unreconcilable with the image on telly and in the social media stratosphere that celebs have to maintain. It is very sad.

It cant be though because it was all recorded on a phone call and on body worn cameras by the coppers who went there. Things cant be deleted and just ignored, and they are used to record things for exactly these circumstances. Plenty of victims down the years will have been coerced by abusers to drop charges, though not in this case, but things cannot just be disregarded as you suggest. The fact that he was fast asleep when smashed across the head with something will be the reason the CPS were running with this, with recorded evidence of her going mental at the scene.
It is a terrible tragic shame that he was unable to cope with this, and as others have said that will probably be because it is unreconcilable with the image on telly and in the social media stratosphere that celebs have to maintain. It is very sad.
The actual event of smashing a lamp over his head whilst asleep was recorded? That makes a huge difference then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.