truant officer (wagman)

ancoats

always loved a good chase from the wagman haha and even was took back to school and sat down in the heads office and when they went out jumped out of the window and away again hahahaha

Of course attendance at school may have led to being able to use verb tenses correctly.
Just saying...

true and what did i know back then hahaha
but it works both ways ? teachers did not care or understand dyslexia like they do today you was just backwards and put in a class of others with the same leaning difficulties and licked the windows

The Manchester truant officer in the 60s was a bloke called Lunt...generally known as Lunt the ****.

A very good friend of mine barely attended high school for the entire five years he nominally was supposed to and Lunt was always trying to catch up with him (and failing).

Wagged it twice and was caught twice under unfortunate circumstances, one of them being my mum ringing the school to tell me to come home for a doctors appointment she had made for me only to be told I wasn’t in school. Both instances resulted in a strapping and fully deterred me from future transgressions apart from the FA cup final replay which seeing as my form master was also pulling a fast one to attend he couldn’t really grass me up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.