UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right were 100% innocent. Sorry for trying to be unbiased.

In my opinion our chairman is the best around and its being reported in the media that we had the chance to take another pinch to avoid a ban.

This time he chose not to accept it and to fight it so he must know that we are innocent of the charges.

no it isn't,the reason they are coming after us is purely jealosly and protecting their own,every big business creatively accounts,we are singled out as the dirty arabs,they don't give a shit about the white american do dolllars,i don't know you are so quick to blame the club
I'm putting some blame with the club for getting us to the point where we now have to pray that CAS gets it right, which is by no means assured, or else we face some really bad consequences. I don't care what business you're in, if you let a dispute go far enough that you have to win an appeal or else you lose £150m or whatever in revenue plus suffer massive reputation damage, you probably fucked up somewhere along the way. I agree with all of what you're saying. FFP is garbage, it's unfair, maybe even racist, but I think we messed this up. We should've just handled it the first time around, or settled, or de-escalated it. It's a mess.

That’s quite the post.

You’ve started it by saying you aren’t bothering with doing any research in to UEFA’s charges and decision, then finish with “we clearly arent innocent”.

You’re right, it certainly is pointless.
It’s like the arguments you’d expect from fans of other clubs that just assume, they must have done something. Everyone is saying so.

Not what you expect from a City fan that would want to familiarise himself with the evidence to date.

Different set of circumstances here. How on earth do we renew any contracts if we're not in the CL. This squad have done EVERYTHING domestically. Where's the motivation for them to go again like that? Not saying that will happen, but it's a valid question. If a ban kicks in, we're gonna have a few years in the wilderness (like Chelsea). Not all doom and gloom but the new manager will be tasked with renewing the squad, using youth and getting us ready for 2023/24 European assault. Julian Nagelsmann anyone?

Certain players want to leave we will sell them and buy new ones who want to play for us.

Talk about miss the point completely.

Manchester City are as guilty as hell of the rules they have broken. But that isn’t the point. Sheikh Mansour took over the club in 2008 and these rules we have broken came into being as a reaction in 2009. They are invented rules to protect a cartel. Those rules weren’t there in the 1950’s when Liverpool were bankrolled by the Littlewoods family. Every club before and since that has enjoyed any success has had investment. These rules are designed to stop that investment and therefore protect the future success and earnings of Liverpool, United, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern... et al.

So of course we’re not innocent. A quick look in our trophy cabinet tells you that. The alternative was wandering around Asia asking people politely support us on social media and buy a shirt because we’re very nice people.
A look in our trophy cabinent tells us we are not inocent and we are as guilty as hell? What kind of crap is that?

Absolutely nothing, you're right. Carry on.

I think what posters are saying is,where is this incriminating,damning evidence ?

I am hypothesizing here.It is also entirely possible we have done wrong legally,but UEFA feel we have done something wrong ethically.You know the script,"Not in the spirit of their agreement bullshit".Our accountants might have been a bit creative.I am sure many of us believe this is possible.But come on ffs all big business use work arounds. Look at Apple.Amazon etc.

What about Clubs with huge debts that siphon of huge profits to the Caymen Islands to avoid paying taxes.Or paying third parties etc.

Let he who has not sinned cast the first Stone.

I believe if we have done anything wrong,then we will have done nothing more than use a team of savvy accountants.Who will have assured us we were doing nothing wrong legally at the time.

That is my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.