Hypothetically, if we lose the appeal, how would we cope?

Let’s face it, worst case scenario is a one year ban. Selling Sane and promoting Braaf could pretty much cover any lost revenue. If we’re not in Europe we could cope with a smaller squad anyway so i wouldn’t bring in a Silva replacement.

I worry about being a glass half empty guy. And about cocking up forum posts written in the pub!
haha one too many sherbets eh ? that's the bad thing,you cant go back correcting it once someone's replied. You just have to sit there and take it like a man.

Not sure there would be a loss of revenue over the two years and it depends how big our wage bill is over those two years. I’m sure the more financially astute posters will be able to tell us if we’d be okay covering the wages and also allowing a budget to recruit players.

I’m something of a glass half full person so not that confident of overturning the ban. Would it be the disaster some of the press are predicting?
Or just a blip?

How would we cope with loss of £100m pa + of CL income plus other income and still be able to meet FFP requirements in 3 years time?

If, for example, we have to sell Sterling, KDB and Sané for say £300m combined would that be enough to cover FFP losses whilst we’re out of the CL?

if we sell those three and Aguero, Silva and Fernandinho also leave, how much would we cut the wage bill by? How much scope would we have to replace them, assuming we might try to manage with a smaller squad in the absence of Cl football?

if the objective is merely to ensure we qualify for the CL in 22/23 without FFP hanging over us, could we put together a squad capable of doing that?
I think you’ve had rather a lot of full glasses

Invite Boca Juniors, River Plate, Palmeiras, Flamengo, Club America, Chivas, Seattle Sounders and LA Galaxy over during CL weeks for a run of friendlies and invite some big sponsors.

We wouldn’t earn that much from them but we’d get some sponsorship money and gate receipts.
good plan,there are ways and means to earn money

I’m something of a glass half full person so not that confident of overturning the ban. Would it be the disaster some of the press are predicting?
Or just a blip?

How would we cope with loss of £100m pa + of CL income plus other income and still be able to meet FFP requirements in 3 years time?

If, for example, we have to sell Sterling, KDB and Sané for say £300m combined would that be enough to cover FFP losses whilst we’re out of the CL?

if we sell those three and Aguero, Silva and Fernandinho also leave, how much would we cut the wage bill by? How much scope would we have to replace them, assuming we might try to manage with a smaller squad in the absence of Cl football?

if the objective is merely to ensure we qualify for the CL in 22/23 without FFP hanging over us, could we put together a squad capable of doing that?

Who knows? You are really just joining in the press feeding frenzy that has followed Fridays announcement. Firstly we have an appeal to go through. In that period we could win the Carabao which gets us in the Europa League ... a UEFA competition so that rubs their noses in things already.

We were losing Merlin anyway. Why sell KDB and Sterling? As for Sane given Bayerns involvement in these shenannigens there is no fucking way he is going to Bayern now. I'd loan him out to Fleetwood town first "!! Nobody leaves us for any of our rivals from the dirty cartel end of.

Lots to happen yet - onwards and upwards

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.