UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Though not completely ruling it out, I’d be surprised if it was the latter. I think Der Spiegel released the “juiciest” bits in their articles, and each subsequent article got weaker in content. If they had something more damning, I doubt they would’ve hung onto it without revealing it.

well, they're either bluffing or they have something, and I doubt we gave it to them, so I'm just hypothesising, not everyone in UEFA is a dunce and I'm sure of the lengths the darkest players in this saga will go to.

I agree! The "rules" such that they are were pretty specifically designed to fuck with us. But we didn't challenge them in court at the time and then said we were abiding by them, then maybe didn't. If you accept the rules you don't get to say they're bullshit when you get caught breaking them.
It is quite clear UEFA investigations are to be drawn out affairs that cause maximum disruption when UEFA are dealing with City. To avoid long periods of litigation City "agreed to take the pinch" in 2014, believing this would end the matter once and for all. At no time did City accept any wrong doing and never "accepted the rules" simply saying that the club would be self sustaining within the next year. The club still maintains it has done nothing which has broken the rules but this is certainly not accepting the rules - it is simply to avoid a punishment which would be doubly unfair. One final point: this matter may well end in the ECJ but that could be years in the future and UEFA could have subjected City to any number of sanctions. Enterprises don't resort to litigation unless it's absolutely unavoidable. So the rules are bullshit and our club doesn't deal in meaningless and ludicrous "grey areas" and percentages of guilt and innocence, and it won't be judged by kangaroo courts (and certainly not by faint hearted fans always prepared to believe the worst of the club) but will go as far as is allowed to refute hostile and trumped up allegations.

I know but the sudden change of tone in this saga is baffling. Despite what some have said on here I don't believe for one minute that Sam Lee of the Athletic didn't have good sources for his story saying "City would not be banned." So what changed?
Well the uefa leader was at our last 2 CL games, presumably for "discussions" as neither of them were particularly eye watering matches, so obviously they were looking to "punish" us with next to nothing, and we've told them to f*ck off this time.

Name a club that has had any period of success that hasn’t had investment in its squad? The investment comes first, then the income comes in later. You can’t have success without breaking their stupid rules.

Rules are there to be circumvented legally, never broken. :-)

Business speak

Everyone i know is already bored shitless with the Premier League procession to anoint their media darlings this Season.

Sy/BT are too thick to realize that less competition,means less interest,which means less subscribers.

Klopp already starting to act like Billy Big bollocks playing his Kids.

How long before he plays a team of reserves in the Premier League and TV viewers feel short changed.

The product is being damaged.

We gave Sky one of the best Premier Leagues in living memory and excellent viewing figures.The whole country was following events.

People are turning off already.Might come as a surprise to Sky/BT etc but Liverpool are the most hated and despised Club in the country.I never watch their games.I am not embarrassed to say my hatred for them is almost pathological,yes even worse than the Rags.

this is all part of the dynamic of fucking City over, with 2012 and Agüeroooooo the new TV deal would have been much smaller. City v Coach Smashing ****s last season was also a great TV feast. Take away City and it would be a boring annual procession. That’s the paradox for the a Premier League cartel, fuck City and they fuck themselves, there is also the small matter that City earn precious coefficient points for England and with all respect Sheff Utd or even Arse or Trafford will end up with us down to three places quite soon.

A wise man above discussed the illegitimacy of FFP and that this could be a point of reference when discussing FFP with the club's detractors; be they journalist, blogger or social media narcissist. In respect to this, I've provided a link to a good piece of investigative journalism from, ironically, one of the club's detractors:

https://untold-arsenal.com/archives/79514

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.