UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a really good write up (below) in the New York Times that shows how UEFA colluded with P.S.G. to help them cheat FFP.

it also shows the key part played by our main adversary at UEFA Yves Leterme....if it was written in King of the Kippax you would assume it was complete bollocks...but it’s not, it’s the New York Times.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/24/sports/psg-uefa-ffp.html
It's an excellent piece and confirms what many think: that UEFA is crippled by in-fighting. The PSG decision is astonishing really and dwarfs any alleged breaches City may have done. If the New York Times is correct than Yves Leterme can't be trusted in any circumstances and I am sure this view is shared by City's top team. Perhaps, as has been suggested, there in an internal battle at UEFA between those who are on the take and those who have integrity. It would explain a lot about the various leaks and the crooked process we have seen.

I've though about this and I agree, I don't think he will leave. I also think he would have left after his contract expires in 2021. He has made it clear he will see his contract out and, while circumstances have changed, I think his personal relationship with Begiristain and Soriano will cause him to stay. As an aside, while I can't read his mind, it's possible he sees the ban as a stitch-up - he's a bit political (remember the Catalan support badge kerfuffle) which might motivate him to stay as a sort of statement.

The reason I've been thinking about this is that Pep staying is actually quite important to our recovery process should the two year ban remain after CAS. We may lose some star players and not be able to attract the highest-quality replacements but there will be some players who will find the opportunity to work even for a season under Pep attractive so he could make the difference between attracting a desired player and not. Also it's important we give ourselves every chance of making top four in the next two seasons and Pep's presence in the first of those will be a major factor. Top four is important because we need players we potentially want to sign to see that, even in these "barren" years we are still capable of delivering CL football - the fact that at present apart from Liverpool there are no really outstanding teams in the PL and that looks like continuing for another season at least makes the prospect of top four more likely (but of course by no means guaranteed).

After the first year ban, everything changes. Light is at the end of the tunnel. A quality manager is unlikely be deterred from joining us by one season without CL football. Potential signings will find that lucrative contracts outweigh the loss of the CL for a year. We see this already.

Of course, the big question for City is how they're going to deal with the revenue loss over the next couple of years and any sponsorship issues (though I doubt Etihad and Etsilat will be a problem). But those are questions for bigger brains than mine.

I'm putting some blame with the club for getting us to the point where we now have to pray that CAS gets it right, which is by no means assured, or else we face some really bad consequences. I don't care what business you're in, if you let a dispute go far enough that you have to win an appeal or else you lose £150m or whatever in revenue plus suffer massive reputation damage, you probably fucked up somewhere along the way. I agree with all of what you're saying. FFP is garbage, it's unfair, maybe even racist, but I think we messed this up. We should've just handled it the first time around, or settled, or de-escalated it. It's a mess.

Lol, if club didn't put us in this position, we would be outside of CL five years ago when they tried to stop us while the project was in toddler phase and we would be worse than we will be in the case of ban eventually being held. I hope, after putting some thinking into it, you do realize that there was no chance of us passing the FFP and signing the likes of KDB if we weren't creative. And as consequence no centurion season or breaking dippers' hearts last year.

As someone said few days ago, what we have done last few years is enough success for lifetime if needed, and if we haven't doone it the way the club did, it probably would never happen again.

Printed in the Daily Mail same paper that says we're losing our 2014 title plus the quotes are from Aug.

B.Silva signed for us from Monaco not Benfica so no harm done.

We're going to get hundreds and thousands of negative stories over the next few months.

Same as ever it was, dude. Since Sheikh Mansour took over, you could argue that his business model has been a shining example of what a football club could or should be but instead, we only read or hear lies, negativity and hypocrisy. It doesn't take a genius to work out that a cartel of clubs do not like this whatsoever and have weaponised a biased and corrupt media to denigrate his highness's achievements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.