Hypothetically, if we lose the appeal, how would we cope?

We will manage but the slur would be the worst thing and may put off new players. Hard to know but I feel totally sick about it. City are my life sadly and has cost me loads and not just money!

The ban is from European club competitions so that includes the Europa League.

I've been disappointed by the ignorance and speculation on bluemoon over the past couple of days. I was not expecting this ban because I was believed the majority expert opinion on here that City were innocent and there was nothing to fear. Sadly my belief was misplaced.

I've been disappointed by the ignorance and speculation on bluemoon over the past couple of days. I was not expecting this ban because I was believed the majority expert opinion on here that City were innocent and there was nothing to fear. Sadly my belief was misplaced.

It's not over yet pal

The only thing we are guilty of is spending our owners money and not being in debt. We haven’t been selling rotten meat to local schools or throwing families out of club houses.

The only thing we are guilty of is spending our owners money and not being in debt. We haven’t been selling rotten meat to local schools or throwing families out of club houses.
Yes, I appreciate what you mean. More specifically EUFA find City guilty of "overstating its sponsorship revenue....." according to the BBC. This does not seem serious to me. A 2 year ban seems completely disproportionate to the "crimes". If City were guilty of something illegal such as racism then I guess the punishment would be a 50k fine. I wonder if CAS will take a similar view?

If we lose the appeal , it will change our plans for at least five years , no doubt the club has a contingency plan but we will have to cut our cloth to suit new budgets , attracting big sponsors would be nigh on impossible , current sponsors will require their clauses for lack of Champs league football imposing at the end of the season. Quite sure Pep will see out his contract but our top players like KDB,Raheem.Bernardo,Laporte,Ederson,Sane,Jesus will be targeted and encouraged by their agents to leave. Others like Cancelo,Mendy,Mahrez who have not been value for money will more than likely jump ship as well.
It will be good for players like Foden,Garcia,Bellis,Doyle who hopefully will progress over the next two to three years , and if the worst case scenario does take place the fees for the players mentioned will be well over a billion , i can see the club retaining Walker,Stones,Zinchenko,Dinho,Otto,Aguero,Gundo,Rodri and we would be buying younger ambitous players who are not the finished article instead of buying current £50-60m off the shelf international players
All the above is the worst case scenario a total overhaul of our squad and a couple of seasons of top six finishes , and CFG can then gradually build and invest and return the club to the top table.
UEFA have done a cracking job for the G14 clubs , they have well and truly screwed us , hopefully even if CAS do agree with UEFA's findings , the club will take it to the ECJ and blow FFP out of the water and the compensation figure would be in the billions. No matter what happens we have a hardcore support of 40k , and we should retain the majority of the tourists / daytrippers , we are still a big club with our without the Champs league , but it looks like we have hit a bump in the road reagarding dominating european football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.