UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Martin Samuel pointed out that UEFA are probably the CAS's single biggest client. It shouldn't make any difference, but it definitely could. Although it's interesting because it suggests that of all of the world's governing bodies, their decisions are challenged the most.
one of my mates is a business lawyer and says hes amazed by how many hr departments dont know the law.so possibly UEFA are so crap they keep running into trouble

Just caught me on the way out to the Brexit thread
I thought UEFA just sneaked the first committee's recommendation through in time to meet the five year deadline?
If what you say is true then City are arguing on principles as opposed to detailed evidence?
But that seems contrary to Khaldoon's reference to City having detailed information as to the club's 'innocence'?
Think this carefully designed to wi thevappeal against the ban and then go guns blazing after UEFA and FFP think the lack of time City had to produce evidence clearing them will be kept on the back burner to hit UEFA with at the CAS hearing, the less City say at the moment means the media and UEFA have nothing more to turn on us with !

One of the frequent suggestions in the event of the ban being upheld is that we play lucrative friendlies during CL weeks.

Sounds like a simple solution but it probably isn't. Firstly, would these friendlies be at home or overseas? If at home who would go to them? Not many I'd suggest (I have no interest in these games other than to see how pre season is shaping up). If they were played overseas the travelling would be ridiculous as they would have to be outside Europe generally for commercial / opponents reasons. I don't see this as a huge money spinner actually and not really doable in terms of replacing CL income.
I think you will be surprised at how many people would be interested in going to the home games even if it's just to stick 2 fingers up at UEFA
Games played with no VAR as well. Breath of fresh air for everyone
Even if the case gets ruled in our favour and we are in the champions league next season I reckon we will have half full stadium because fans have had enough of UEFA

One of the frequent suggestions in the event of the ban being upheld is that we play lucrative friendlies during CL weeks.

Sounds like a simple solution but it probably isn't. Firstly, would these friendlies be at home or overseas? If at home who would go to them? Not many I'd suggest (I have no interest in these games other than to see how pre season is shaping up). If they were played overseas the travelling would be ridiculous as they would have to be outside Europe generally for commercial / opponents reasons. I don't see this as a huge money spinner actually and not really doable in terms of replacing CL income.
We're not playing friendlies in place of the CL. Come on. Unrealistic for all the reasons you mention and then some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.