Caroline Flack - rest in peace

Cant see it happening, money is king. Love Island is a money spinner for ITV with all the product placement and flogging plastic water bottles. No wonder they are doing 2 series a year now. ITV wouldn’t kill off the golden goose of Ant and Dec when Dec decided to go driving whilst under the influence. Audience figures count above everything unfortunately.

one of my mates son will be desperately hoping they don’t jack it in he owns the company that does all the lighting for the show.

Cancelled show tonight but back on tomorrow with a tribute. After that should they should all pack up & come home?
I see that both ways really,what you say is true but she had stepped back from this season,and was welcome back if she got cleared,i've read that was her decision,if it had been one of the contestants who was dumped off the island this season and killed themselves straight away then yes then end the show for good,also there is the large crew and other 2 presenters to bring home and affecting their work,on balance it should stay on but a decision needs to be taken on the summer series

It's all so sad,i had read she was on antidressants,drinking a lot,not trusting anyone and felt she was alone,she also tweeted last month that it was all too hard and had nobody and the pressure was getting too much,maybe the last straw was valentines day and she was seperated from her boyfiend,the pics she put up of her heavily made up a kissing her dog and smiling looks to me in hindsight that she had already decided,some suicides are random,on the spur of the moment but some are planned,the later people say they seem much more settled and happy but then the next day they go through with the plan,mental heath is so complicated

Pier morgan has made me really angry,one of the first to put out a nice tweet,the man who ruined lives at the mirror and one of the worst on twatter for laying into people,from his lofty position on ITV,the same company love island is made by,the likes of him will never never learn

As usual the likes of him,twatter user,the media are all saying it was nothing to do with us,only the stupid don't believe that shirley,they are loads of young kid/tenagers who how committed suicide when the are getting taunted on line to kill themself because they are X Y or Z,bullies at school send them phone and email messages at home and social media.youngster are eqipped to deal with that and neither are vulnerable adults

I don't normal right long post but this is a cause close to our heart #bekind

RIP Caroline

https://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help/contact-samaritan/

It's terribly sad that she felt that her only way out was suicide, that decision must come from a very dark place. But those who now want a 'Caroline's Law' (yes, there is a petition for just that) seem to forget that she was on trial for domestic abuse and those very people who are calling for this seem to forget that, they would surely be the first to go for the jugular any man who committed the same crime. They cite her boyfriend as saying that he didn't want a prosecution, that he loves her, but that is the very same things female victims of DA say, which they seem to forget. This perpetuates the myth that the female is always the victim in these cases.

All this blaming the police and the CPS is utterly wrong, she was rightfully about to tried for this crime, as should anyone who commits it, male or female, and no excuse accepted because of someone's celebrity status.

By making CF out as a victim is wrong, and there is a danger here that male victims of DV, already unlikely to call for help or press charges, are more likely not to do so and allow the perpetrators of DV against men to continue to do so.

The CPS are horrible cunts. I got accused of something that I did not do. The police agreed that I did not do it and no further actioned the accusation. Then for some unknown reason the cps decided they would try and fuck my entire life up. They can fuck off. I would not trust them as far as I can throw them.

Walliams took cheap shots at celebrities all night ....in the same way that Ricky Gervais did when hosting the Golden Globes and was widely praised for ......what’s the difference?

Context.

Gervais took the piss out of the system and it's failings not individuals unless they mattered in his narative

Walliams make a cheap remark for cheap laughs, he got none and was criticised straight away.

It's terribly sad that she felt that her only way out was suicide, that decision must come from a very dark place. But those who now want a 'Caroline's Law' (yes, there is a petition for just that) seem to forget that she was on trial for domestic abuse and those very people who are calling for this seem to forget that, they would surely be the first to go for the jugular any man who committed the same crime. They cite her boyfriend as saying that he didn't want a prosecution, that he loves her, but that is the very same things female victims of DA say, which they seem to forget. This perpetuates the myth that the female is always the victim in these cases.

All this blaming the police and the CPS is utterly wrong, she was rightfully about to tried for this crime, as should anyone who commits it, male or female, and no excuse accepted because of someone's celebrity status.

By making CF out as a victim is wrong, and there is a danger here that male victims of DV, already unlikely to call for help or press charges, are more likely not to do so and allow the perpetrators of DV against men to continue to do so.

She deserved prosecution but was also a victim of abuse, prior and following the incident, from both social media trolls and the media.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.