BBC

the reason is they don’t allow you to mention Heysel, I’m not sure why you can’t say Heysel but it is just a rule don’t mention Heysel. I’ve asked Scousers why we can never mention Heysel but they don’t want to talk about Heysel.
Do it as an anagram Sheley.

James O'Brien@mrjamesob
A digital only subscription to the newspaper reporting that the government is planing to abolish the licence fee is, at £312, more than double the annual cost of the licence fee. That's one newspaper for £312-a-year versus *everything* the BBC provides for £154.50. Get it yet?

Nail on the head from James. It has its faults and needs criticism, but fuck me it’s the best we’ve got.
The major difference being that I can choose not to pay for the newspaper.
The BBC give me no choice and then aim to criminalise those that try to exercise their right not to pay.

The BBC give me no choice and then aim to criminalise those that try to exercise their right not to pay.

That's the take on it from most people, people have gone to prison for not having one (Although some will dance around using semantics to explain that it doesn't happen it's the fine you get put away for) it amounts to the same thing. The BBC doesn't reflect us any more it needs dismantling shutting down and read its last rights.

That's the take on it from most people, people have gone to prison for not having one (Although some will dance around using semantics to explain that it doesn't happen it's the fine you get put away for) it amounts to the same thing. The BBC doesn't reflect us any more it needs dismantling shutting down and read its last rights.
In part I agree,they should change to a subscription service or start to advertise for revenue,they need to come into the 21st century ..

I think the NHS should move to a subscription model too, cos they do quite a lot of things wrong. I’d also like an alternative to the blokes who collect my rubbish each week, cos they keep leaving the lid on the plastics tub all over the street. Council tax is a joke. Just so 20th century.

In part I agree,they should change to a subscription service or start to advertise for revenue,they need to come into the 21st century ..

The DG in 2015 wanted to push this agenda, it's as bent as FFP bud.

Hall set out the case for switching from the licence fee to a broadcasting levy on all households, irrespective of whether they have a television, watch or listen to BBC programmes, or want to pay for the BBC. This was one of the options canvassed by MPs, the other being the new Finnish system of a percentage surcharge on income tax, with both a floor and a ceiling.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/bbc/11444921/Could-the-BBC-survive-without-the-licence-fee.html

Don't buy a license don't have a TV don't consume telly programmes - that looks like choice to me.
Can you consume the paper without paying for it? Does the newspaper outlet insist you pay their fee?

The BBC should be a subscription service just like all the other broadcasters. If it's as good as it claims it should be able to flourish in competition with SKY, Amazon Prime, and Netflix. I would choose not to subscribe because I don't like most of its content. I don't like cooking, antiques, quiz panel shows or costume dramas and I don't like most of its Radio or online output. It does have pockets of excellence but not enough for me to pay. People should have the choice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.