UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not a defence though. We are in deep shit if that is the way we are appealing.

This has to be fought on what we have not done, not what others have.

Hypocrisy is everywhere in society, it is overlooked when it serves a purpose.

Didn’t City say months ago that they had a 100 page dossier of irrefutable evidence that UEFA pretty much ignored? Surely if that’s the case then that is what will form the basis of any appeal. If we get it overturned at CAS then that will be the time to point out UEFA’s hypocrisy.

Think City are ready fight the legal fight and the public fight. I guess they had to be, no other choice.

Legal fight will be with CAS and in courts.

Different treatment for different teams will be part of the public offensive.

Hopefully "on the pitch" and "in the stands" fight is not affected by other distractions.

That's not a defence though. We are in deep shit if that is the way we are appealing.

This has to be fought on what we have not done, not what others have.

Hypocrisy is everywhere in society, it is overlooked when it serves a purpose.

You can't use 'whotaboutism' as a defence for an entire argument.

Think City are ready fight the legal fight and the public fight. I guess they had to be, no other choice.

Legal fight will be with CAS and in courts.

Different treatment for different teams will be part of the public offensive.

Hopefully "on the pitch" and "in the stands" fight is not affected by other distractions.

I hope we wait until after a successful appeal before we start going in for the clubs involved in this. We seem to have negative stories about us every week ever since we got taken over. Would love to see some of the snakey clubs get the same treatment.

The emails state 'HH' = High Highness = Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, the ruler of Abu Dhabi .

Sheikh Mansour and all the other male members of the royal family are 'HE' = His Excellency.

On that point alone there is no validity whatsoever in claims by UEFA or the hostile media that Sheikh Mansour (or ADUG) paid Etihad's sponsorship money.
I thought HH was Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed? Whatever, it's certainly not Sheikh Mansour and the emails said HH would "arrange" the extra funding. That funding comes from Abu Dhabi, probably the Executive Council, not ADUG so it's not owner investment.

What I assume has happened is that all the due monies were sent to ADUG for onward transmission to City and that Soriano's request to Pearce to have these split out is precisely because they need to ensure we avoid accusations of equity funds being mixed up with partnership revenue. Which is exactly what I'd expect from an organisation trying to ensure everything was whiter than white.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.