Martin Samuel appreciation

As much as I like Samuel, it’s a sad state of affairs that we need to celebrate a journalist just for being objective. No wonder the industry is on its arse given the paucity of intelligent, considered sports writers out there. So many of them stealing a living.

The majority should stick to writing match reports and counting corners

Samuels comments on liverpool this morning were interesting:
“the amount they run, they way they play, what Klopp expects, is not normal. They should be tired, but they’re not. Amazing”
Or words to that effect.

oh, yeah, and that their best asset is their recruitment strategy. Funny that.
Perhaps it may be something to do with the fact they may take performance enhancing scouse pie or extra vitamins that aren’t available on the open market yet, perhaps....

He was and still is one of the best journalists out there. If you read his coverage on the Middle East you know it is right. His views on the politics behind this UEFA saga would be fascinating. There's always a lone voice who tells it like it is instead of following the pack.
Yep. I have a deep respect for the man and he taught me something very important; the power of words and a responsibility to be careful with those words.

Samuels comments on liverpool this morning were interesting:
“the amount they run, they way they play, what Klopp expects, is not normal. They should be tired, but they’re not. Amazing”
Or words to that effect.

oh, yeah, and that their best asset is their recruitment strategy. Funny that.

Out of curiosity, what did you mean in the final sentence?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.