UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The emails state 'HH' = High Highness = Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, the ruler of Abu Dhabi .

Sheikh Mansour and all the other male members of the royal family are 'HE' = His Excellency.

On that point alone there is no validity whatsoever in claims by UEFA or the hostile media that Sheikh Mansour (or ADUG) paid Etihad's sponsorship money.

I thought HH was Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed? Whatever, it's certainly not Sheikh Mansour and the emails said HH would "arrange" the extra funding. That funding comes from Abu Dhabi, probably the Executive Council, not ADUG so it's not owner investment.

What I assume has happened is that all the due monies were sent to ADUG for onward transmission to City and that Soriano's request to Pearce to have these split out is precisely because they need to ensure we avoid accusations of equity funds being mixed up with partnership revenue. Which is exactly what I'd expect from an organisation trying to ensure everything was whiter than white.

I'm unfortunately far from Abu Dhabi at the moment, but anyway, theres about 200 male H.H in Abu Dhabi, so you have a few to chose from, and people forget that H.H the Crown Prince (the boss) is second in line after H.H President of the UAE Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the Emir of Abu Dhabi. So if H.H was used only for the highest ranking royal it would be him.

Incorrect laserblue. As Keith says:
His Highness = The Emir (when people who work directly for the government talk about the Emir in shortened form).
His Highness XXX = A senior royal, whose shortened name is XXX, whose father was probably an Emir, or the son of an Emir.
His Excellency XXX = A junior royal normally the son of a senior royal whose shortened name is XXX, but others can be promoted to this rank whi do good work for the government, like Kaldoon, for example.
On official documents, every name is expanded in full.
I worked in Abu Dhabhi for 2 years on a project, for Etisalat, where the sponsor was a HH. Get it wrong and you get bollocked.

Last edited:
It's great being a City fan isn't it? You get to become a financial expert, a legal expert and an expert on Middle East politics and protocol. And Barca say they're more than just a club.

And a main stream media expert with ability to sort the wheat from the chaff :-)

Mmmm
But the ramifications could still be seismic. What if City spend their two years out of Uefa competition playing lucrative friendlies around the world? What if they show that you don’t actually need Uefa and its (already barely significant) concerns for smaller clubs to thrive? What if Fifa were willing to provide the umbrella of a new competition? That has always been the existential threat hanging over Uefa.

I mentioned earlier regarding another comp to come out of this, but say we dropped out of domestic cups or played U21's, if the ban is upheld and played friendlies in China for example giving us prise money from sources i.e. middle eastern, or Chinese, exceeding the amount lost by winning the next 2 Cartel leagues, nice bonuses to new signings and players that have stayed with us, can you imagine the squirming from scouse and rag twats.
Friendlies in China during the season? Not fucking realistic, the damage to the players from travel and jet lag like that would be huge. Pros not keen on pre season tours that far away, but midweek friendlies!!

Friendlies in China during the season? Not fucking realistic, the damage to the players from travel and jet lag like that would be huge. Pros not keen on pre season tours that far away, but midweek friendlies!!
I'm sure that could be worked around, it was just an example, no other midweek games throughout the season the 1st team only play say 5 friendlies, PL and cup finals as an example.

Has anyone entertained the thought that our owners and leaders have hoodwinked Pep, the players, the staff and us, the fans, and actually, it's all true....and we're fucked already?

It's almost starting to feel like a naughty kid who thinks that the longer he denies it the more chance hell get away with it.

For a thousand and one reasons I hope I'm wrong.
If you think that hand over your season ticket and never atend or watch a city game again

It wouldn't matter if we played our second string in the domestic competitions. If we are banned from European football for two years we don't need to be in the top four. Without funds to recruit the title may be beyond us, so as long as we don't get relegated it won't matter. We have links in China and as far as I'm aware nobody can stop them paying us whatever they want, so if it dwarfs the champions league money happy days. Also see how the premier league like it when one of it's most entertaining clubs damage their brand by playing a second string and Liverpool have the league sewn up by October.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.