Ian Wright documentary - 'Out of their skin'

As a young pup I stood in the Kippax during the 80's and never thought of us as a racist support. There were monkey noises made by some cretin's but it seemed to be a very short lived thing. Not excusing it or trying to erase it from history. My first away at Leeds shocked me tbh, the whole home end singing zigger zagger, zigger zagger shoot that ni****. Don't think there was ever an organised racist element on the Kippax, not in the 80's. If there was they would have taken a kicking, sharpish.
That used to be sung with great gusto at OT, followed by there's only one Remi Moses. Airbrushed from history though.

first game at city was 1979, only 14 or so. I was taken back and impressed at the mix of all sorts of fans black / white mixing together. Went to away games and heard the racist abuse, its not on, most city fans around dismissed it and pretty disgusted with it. Never heard much at main road, but I suppose there will always be some, wasn't around me though. Cant comment on wrighty playing at main road in the 80's it was a period I struggled getting to games.

My dislike for ian wright as a pundit has nothing to do with the manner of which he talks, just think he is shit at it and to one sided.

You wrote: "Your grammar and punctuation are much improved in that post, but your reasoning has declined further. Plus, the term ‘snowflake’ is manifestly wank."

Should not be a comma after "post" or after "Plus".

No big deal - just was a bit surprised that you pulled the OP up on his punctuation on an internet forum. For what it's worth, I thought his main thrust was about Wright's punditry rather than the his English. Anyhow, not looking to start an argument so will rest there and get back to footy chat.

Was that a red herring you through in deliberately?

Again it doesnt matter, but it is certainly incorrect. "But" is a conjunction joining two clauses or sentences so there should be no comma preceding it. No comma following "plus" similarly.

You just used a comma before 'but'

;)

Yes I know it still goes on but back in the day (70s) it was people chanting in the hundreds ok Jiz fx
Oh. So you was simply agreeing that racism was even more rife 40 years ago then? Okay.

Love what you did with my name by the way. The way you turned Jay into Jiz. Hahaha, genius!

I have always liked Ian Wright for his enthusiasm for the game - his Dad was absent and his step dad was abusive and when I saw this I really warmed to him - the respect when he takes his cap off to greet Mr Pidgen speaks volumes.

Then you hear this from Desert Island Discs and you just well up - the respect Wright had for his mentor.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-51516452/

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.