The cool cats

yeah brings back memories i remember paddy nothing of him but a hard **** and les and ian tate running the coach from aytoun street for away matches. johnny muir and his brother tommy. hutch and ian burger murray george macguire a scouse city fan called steve who looked liked keirh macraie the city keeper at the time. dave the gypo from the moss and many others. think i remember you rochdale pete as well. all those saying it was pathetic. it was different then. when you went away you had to have mates to make sure you got through the day safely. better now of course.

yeah brings back memories i remember paddy nothing of him but a hard **** and les and ian tate running the coach from aytoun street for away matches. johnny muir and his brother tommy. hutch and ian burger murray george macguire a scouse city fan called steve who looked liked keirh macraie the city keeper at the time. dave the gypo from the moss and many others. think i remember you rochdale pete as well. all those saying it was pathetic. it was different then. when you went away you had to have mates to make sure you got through the day safely. better now of course.
Yes I remember most of them lads,plus burger,Ronnie Bagshaw,Terry Cummings those 3 no longer with us,70s happy fun days.

img_7185.jpg

Oh yes .......... I've got the perfect Sausage for you ladies

Yes Mitchells were on the other side of Bury New Road from SVH iirc. I used them to hire a van when I first moved house in 1980.
We always tried to hire a minibus but if they had none to hire then a van had to make do.
We went to Bristol City in 1977, starting off at midnight from Piccadilly Gardens. All pissed up lying all over the back of the van.
Then a few weeks later going to Derby County (when Big Joe made them paint the penalty spot) in the back of a Luton van.
Hanging out of the back with the shutter up,throwing empty cans and apple cores at the rags waiting at bus stops in Hazel Grove,New Mills and Whaley Bridge etc. A fucking laugh a minute to be honest,my best days of being a City fan.
And we nearly won the league that year as well.

I worked at Mitchell’s back in the late 70’s/early 80’s. I can remember the police coming into the shop and asking me if they we had rented a Transit to anyone who had a name that could be shortened to ‘Rammy’. Apparently, someone had fallen out of the back of a Transit van on the way back from the game. I checked the paperwork and there it was, some lad with the surname of Ramsden had rented an Transit on the previous Friday. What a quandary, do I grass up a fellow blue who I don’t know or do I run the risk of getting nailed for perverting the course of justice? I waited and waited in the back office for about 10mins, went back out and said to the two un-uniformed coppers, ‘can’t find anything at the moment, but if you pop in tomorrow, that will give me more time to check — I’ve got a shop full of customers returning vans at the moment, so give me a day’. Later that day, Snr Ramsden turned up with the van when I was out at lunch. I figured that if the police came back, they were serious and we’d have to cough up, but if they didn’t, they had either found him anyway or had moved in to something else. They didn’t come back thank fuck, although that probably meant that they’d caught him anyway.

I worked at Mitchell’s back in the late 70’s/early 80’s. I can remember the police coming into the shop and asking me if they we had rented a Transit to anyone who had a name that could be shortened to ‘Rammy’. Apparently, someone had fallen out of the back of a Transit van on the way back from the game. I checked the paperwork and there it was, some lad with the surname of Ramsden had rented an Transit on the previous Friday. What a quandary, do I grass up a fellow blue who I don’t know or do I run the risk of getting nailed for perverting the course of justice? I waited and waited in the back office for about 10mins, went back out and said to the two un-uniformed coppers, ‘can’t find anything at the moment, but if you pop in tomorrow, that will give me more time to check — I’ve got a shop full of customers returning vans at the moment, so give me a day’. Later that day, Snr Ramsden turned up with the van when I was out at lunch. I figured that if the police came back, they were serious and we’d have to cough up, but if they didn’t, they had either found him anyway or had moved in to something else. They didn’t come back thank fuck, although that probably meant that they’d caught him anyway.
Mitchells Self Drive - Where people come first.

wasnt qpr first live game on sky
The tv companies wanted to know if they could film a game live outside of a Wembley game.
Granada and London weekend tv got together and went with the most popular clubs that didn’t charge the Earth. That was us v Chelsea

that was the moment the armchair fan was born.

The tv companies wanted to know if they could film a game live outside of a Wembley game.
Granada and London weekend tv got together and went with the most popular clubs that didn’t charge the Earth. That was us v Chelsea

that was the moment the armchair fan was born.

I must be getting old I’m sure Liverpool played Forrest and we played QPR 1-1 first time we ever was on sky didn’t some army guy parachute the ball to start the game. I was there sure of it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.