UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had the misfortune of having to listen to Talkshite on the way in to work courtesy of the City fan who gives me a lift and there was some journo on there spouting utter bollocks, saying it's not a hatchet job as the "evidence" fell into UEFA's lap rather than them going looking for it. That wasn't the worst - Alan Brazil (to his credit) mentioned the huge dossier of evidence that City have claimed clears us of any wrongdoing and how that may shape up in the appeal to CAS, yet this fucker completely ignored that and reckoned City's defence has only ever been about getting cleared on a technicality.

Just a query (as an IT person from the days of punched cards and paper tape - for youngsters that is the 1960/70s) .........................
How do we know the 'leaked emails' haven't been 'doctored' to make us look guilty?
In the good old days I used to be able to change punch cards and paper tape by filling in the holes.
And I could change data in computer files - and I wasn't a hacker just someone knowing my way around computer systems and data storage.
Also it is so easy today to amend anything once it is on a computer.Photoshopping is a typical example.

This doesn't form part of City's case. The club has never denied the authenticity of the e-mails just that they've been taken out of context.

Had the misfortune of having to listen to Talkshite on the way in to work courtesy of the City fan who gives me a lift and there was some journo on there spouting utter bollocks, saying it's not a hatchet job as the "evidence" fell into UEFA's lap rather than them going looking for it. That wasn't the worst - Alan Brazil (to his credit) mentioned the huge dossier of evidence that City have claimed clears us of any wrongdoing and how that may shape up in the appeal to CAS, yet this fucker completely ignored that and reckoned City's defence has only ever been about getting cleared on a technicality.
Who was the journalist?

I think it will play out fairly quickly. Its very important to Uefa and PL too know if City can be in CL next season or not. Clubs that have a chance now on 5th and 7th places to get into CL/EL wants to know what they should prepare for in the transfer market, do they have extra CL/EL income to plan with or not.

Also for City if CAS cancels the ban we want to know early and get on with our summer plans with some huge changes on the squad after the current quite shit PL campaign.

There was one report yesterday that said Mansour is following the case and is livid about how we ended up in this shitstorm. I wonder if he means by this the responsibilty of the City board or simply he means Uefa.
He certainly is getting lot of personal bad press, 99% of (fake)news run with the story that he personally paid large part of Etihad deal to City in a tricky/cheating way.

One thing is clear Uefa would be extremely happy if CAS upholds the original punishment or even if they cut it down to half for 1 year ban and some 10m, I fear that these two options have higher chance together than cancelling out the whole thing...

And PL will quickly act if anything will stick against us at CAS.

Really hope all that confidence coming from the club will turn into a winning case for us. We want an independent body to check the case, but if CAS wont help us, we are running out of options very quickly.
Our legal team has to be top notch, really hope their emails are properly secure. On the mean time I would hire top cyber hackers to find dirt on LEterme, Ceferin and the rest. Surely we can do their dirty tricks and hurt them a lot.

It has been stated multiple times that CAS is not the end of this. They will make a judgement over the fairness of the investigation and that will be all. I am not extremely confident we will get it thrown out at CAS but there is still a good chance.

Where I see us easily succeeding is in a real court, where we can discuss the legality of FFP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.