UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said this all along. It's perfectly proper for a business to seek to operate within a regulatory environment in such a way as to comply with the letter of the regulations in question while pursuing its own interests. If the relevant regulations have been deficiently drafted so as not to catch everything that the regulator wanted, that's the regulator's fault. It can't then go and impose sanctions based on what it wishes it had drafted.

Of course we'll see in due course when more information finds its way into the public domain, but I think there's at least some genuine chance that it will emerge that UEFA has done precisely this. Certainly, based on the evidence that's been made public so far, that possibility very definitely can't be excluded.

Isn't it too late for us to argue that point at CAS as it relates to the 2014 settlement which we accepted?

My understanding is that the appeal will relate to whether UEFA's process was so flawed so as to invalidate the finding and punishment (an abuse of process) and if not, whether the finding that the sponsorship deal was not paid by Etihad was a reasonable one based on the evidence UEFA had. They were clearly not satisfied with the material the club gave them hence the reason why they've accused us of not co-operating with the investigation although noone really knows what the exact basis of that suggestion is.

The media keeps referring to us having allegedly inflated the value of sponsorship deals which is a red herring. The question is where the funds were coming from which has been covered in detail by posters on here.

Last edited:
Yes that's my thinking. I'm worried we'll lose at CAS which may make any other move bloody hard. It's alright the club making all these positive noises but they did last time and we failed. I know the goalposts were apparently moved and the " Take a pinch" speech but it does fill me with a bit of unease. There is a lot at stake here and a lot of powerful rich clubs in UEFA's corner so I wonder if we will get a fair hearing. Money talks and I don't trust any of them.

We have to trust that CAS is independent, this is a very high profile case any sign of bias to any party would be jumped upon

Matthew Syed is guest speaker at the ASCL conference this year in Birmingham on March 13th/14th.
Laughably the theme of the conference is Diversity. Yet here is another middle class white man talking to an audience of 99% middle class white men and women.
I believe Syed to be racist as well as a cheat and I’m looking forward to asking him some questions
I suppose having a ping pong player pontificating in the national media as some sort of football expert shows a degree of diversity.

I've said this all along. It's perfectly proper for a business to seek to operate within a regulatory environment in such a way as to comply with the letter of the regulations in question while pursuing its own interests. If the relevant regulations have been deficiently drafted so as not to catch everything that the regulator wanted, that's the regulator's fault. It can't then go and impose sanctions based on what it wishes it had drafted.

Of course we'll see in due course when more information finds its way into the public domain, but I think there's at least some genuine chance that it will emerge that UEFA has done precisely this. Certainly, based on the evidence that's been made public so far, that possibility very definitely can't be excluded. And yet not a single journalist that I've seen so far has taken the point on board. Tells you all you need to know about their understanding of the issues and their good faith.

Good point. We may have bent the rules but not actually broken them.

As to the media, I've already mentioned this morning what a disgrace they are on the whole. They should be laying into UEFA not City.

sorry, i am reading as much as i can but it's fucking complicated - who is the Executive Council? (i know who ADUG are). Why would it not matter if the monies to Etihad came from them? non-related party?

i might just stick to what's happening on the pitch :D

And what you have mentioned regarding Bayern and it’s deals could relate to other clubs and this supposed dossier we have that we have built

Just imagine if this dossier describes the like you mention but we have employed IT professionals that have found evidence the same to what we had leaked to der spiegel.
Which would highlight Uefa’s bias

that would be hilarious

I expect it will all come out

Juves fiat sponsorship which was substantially increased prior to the ronaldo deal.
Fiat which is owned by the Agnelli familly
The same Agnelli who is Juves president and whos sons godfather is supposardly Cefarin.

All this talk of someone paying someone some money than that someone paying someone else the same amount, how can they prove that the said amount paid to someone is the same money that than someone used to pay someone else. The money someone paid to someone first might have been used to pay maintenance cost on aeroplanes. It just a coincidence that than the someone than paid someone else the same in sponsorship. But the money given to the sponsor by someones else wasnt used to sponsor someone else but used to pay maintenance Bill's.......the money for the sponsorship came from money they already had !!.simple

They must have something else on us surely , the info and money trail as to who actually pressed the button in the Etihad payments must surely be available to have stopped it getting to the stage where the club and owners have been slandered ? None of it makes any sense at all .

They were in a rush to pass judgement before the deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.