• Draw

Votes: 20 7.2%
  • Lose

Votes: 11 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fed up with them,same ones who used to hang bobby out to dry as wel,surely this time will be different,they can't let pep bat this away on his own,give them a memo saying only questions about the game will be answered and stick to it

I still believe we should adopt the tactics that GPC did to the BBC. Give them nothing, no interviews etc etc. They pandered to him after that.
As for the venomous freeloading journos that continue to spout bile about us but are quite happy to soak up the Gold Standard hospitality. Fück them. Give them water and a plastic chair from now on, make them pay for everything else, like we have to. Let see if their views change, doubtful but it would make me feel a lot better.

Virtually certain that Pep will have talked this over with Soriano and Khaldoon prior to the conference, and that they will have worked out a position. Pep knows the questions that are coming, and they will not be about the upcoming match. At least, not the maliciously intentioned ones. This case is still under judicial review, and in these circumstances, I hope — and expect — that Pep will just bluntly refuse to answer any such questions. That would be the dignified stance and, furthermore, the ethical stance. Journos want a juicy story. That's their job. Pep is under no obligation to give them any such story.

The match? After United and Spurs, just to mention the most recent debacles, I'm flummoxed, I really am. Don't know what to think any more. We've been playing so strangely all season. We'd be capable of totally controlling possession, wearing out the woodwork, squaring the ball two or three times when there's a goalmouth gaping in front, having a penalty saved, and drawing the match.

Last edited:
Surely the club aren’t going to throw Pep to the lions in his press conference and let him face it alone. He can’t be the face of this if we want him to stay. Even if there’s a strong warning beforehand to only ask questions about the game the reporters wouldn’t be doing a good job if they didn’t twist every single question to somehow ask about the ban. legal reasons will stop us answering questions directly but you can guarantee questions about his and the players futures will be asked. Peps more than capable of handling it but it’s not his job to. I want city to be firm here and seat either a fancy lawyer or soriano/khaldoon themselves next to him to immediately shut down anything that’s not directly about wednesdays game . No softly softly approach anymore.

Surely the club aren’t going to throw Pep to the lions in his press conference and let him face it alone. He can’t be the face of this if we want him to stay. Even if there’s a strong warning beforehand to only ask questions about the game the reporters wouldn’t be doing a good job if they didn’t twist every single question to somehow ask about the ban. legal reasons will stop us answering questions directly but you can guarantee questions about his and the players futures will be asked. Peps more than capable of handling it but it’s not his job to. I want city to be firm here and seat either a fancy lawyer or soriano/khaldoon themselves next to him to immediately shut down anything that’s not directly about wednesdays game . No softly softly approach anymore.

Not sure. I actually think that throwing in the heavy artillery like that might be counter-productive. The reaction might well be "Wow, they're really on the defensive! They must really have something to hide!" As I have understood it, there is a press officer always nearby, just out of camera range, whose job is, as moderator, to shut down questioners who are insistent on a subject that is not the matter in hand. I would have thought that should suffice. In any case, Pep's a big boy, well capable of handling the situation.

I know that utd used to make a statement off the record before any press conference briefing journos what they would not be allowed to ask.
Surely we must just make it clear before the start that due to an appeal we cannot comment.
We know the slimy bstds will be turning every question regarding the game and players into a scenario regarding the 'ban'
Pep do you think KDB will be here if the club are banned.
Pep leading upto the game how do you think the 'ban' has affected the players attitude.
Pep will you be learning Italian soon.
We should just put Brian Kidd up for this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.