UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I understand it correctly, if the money didn't come from ADUG then it's not owner investment. UEFAwwill no doubt try to claim otherwise. But even if it was, the Etihad sponsorship was fair value, certainly when compared to what Leterme and his IC allowed PSG to claim.

Again, it's a guess but I'd say everyone gave the money to ADUG for onward transmission to City but City told them not to do that.

Now, when you read all those so-called 'smoking gun' emails in the correct context, rather than the spin put on them by Der Spiegel and others, the picture is really quite different isn't it? That's why I've been banging the drum about context. It's crucial to this.
That’s the thing. When you are trawling through masses of documents, over several months to find something juicy, anything that can be twisted into a smoking gun, will be.

The actual evidence isn’t the main focus of CAS. It’s simply ‘did UEFA follow their own procedures and governance in conducting their investigation of us’. The only place the evidence would be tested with rigour is in court. I sincerely hope if CAS overturn the ban, we don’t stop at that, we make sure that the evidence is properly reviewed and we are found to have done nothing wrong. Win that case and then go after the media. I can dream....

I know CAS aren't looking at the actual evidence but I'm pretty sure win or lose at CAS we'll be taking this further.

Something occurred to me , its interesting that Khaldoon said he'd rather spend 30 Million on lawyers and keep them in court for 10 years...

Then the fine turns up and its... 30M...

Maybe the club knew what the punishment was going to be ahead of the release date...

Its a strange number to pluck out of the air, 10, 50, 100 maybe more naturally pop into ones head in such moments.

If I understand it correctly, if the money didn't come from ADUG then it's not owner investment. UEFAwwill no doubt try to claim otherwise. But even if it was, the Etihad sponsorship was fair value, certainly when compared to what Leterme and his IC allowed PSG to claim.

Again, it's a guess but I'd say everyone gave the money to ADUG for onward transmission to City but City told them not to do that.

Now, when you read all those so-called 'smoking gun' emails in the correct context, rather than the spin put on them by Der Spiegel and others, the picture is really quite different isn't it? That's why I've been banging the drum about context. It's crucial to this.

Thank you for your reply Colin :-D

UEFA may well be destroyed. If they are shown to be prejudicial then their already questionable authority will evaporate and they will be financially liable for heavy damages.

So far all that has been aired in the media are allegations against Man City whereas City have a body of evidence that has so far remained closed. PB's report is very newsworthy. Are any journalists going to examine that? Are any of them going to look at the bigger picture of the rivalry in football that underlies FFP and this dispute? This is not about Man City misdemeanours. The football authorities have I believe been corralled by the likes of Tebas and profit hungry football executives from rival clubs.

I think UEFA tried to reach an accommodation with City, but City refused to take another pinch, so the whole thing is going to end up in the European courts and it will end with the destruction of UEFA.
Good article in NYT. If you register for free, you get access to several articles per month.
Manchester City Vows to Fight, Because Losing Is Unthinkable https://nyti.ms/2Sx20T3

I agree. No one wants this case thrown out and City cleared more than me, but there is a level of confidence on this thread that I find hard to share.
I don’t believe UEFA are as thick as they are being made out and I don’t trust CAS.
For all the so called experts on here, it’s funny that not one poster predicted the 2 year ban.
Agreed. If we had irrefutable evidence, a smoking gun, surely we would made it public knowledge by now? Either directly or leaked to the press. Someone like Martin Samuel would be desperate to get hold of that sort of stuff. I just don’t get this idea that we are sitting there holding 4 aces but have decided not to play them yet. It makes absolutely no sense. Why would we let this drag on a minute longer than necessary if we could blow eufa out of the water? Isn’t it a golden rule of PR that you kill bad news as quickly as possible?

Something occurred to me , its interesting that Khaldoon said he'd rather spend 30 Million on lawyers and keep them in court for 10 years...

Maybe the club knew what the punishment was going to be ahead of the release date...

Its a strange number to pluck out of the air, 10, 50, 100 maybe more naturally pop into ones head in such moments.
That’s just what I thought

The original fine was >£50M of which >£30M was returned for "good behaviour I think that explains the fine

Figures rounded up or down as the fine is in Euros

Apologies 'tidds' for nicking it.

He is of course correct but certain clubs and sadly, the PL itself see this league as Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea.

The rest make up the numbers and frankly are of no real concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.