UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. If we had irrefutable evidence, a smoking gun, surely we would made it public knowledge by now? Either directly or leaked to the press. Someone like Martin Samuel would be desperate to get hold of that sort of stuff. I just don’t get this idea that we are sitting there holding 4 aces but have decided not to play them yet. It makes absolutely no sense. Why would we let this drag on a minute longer than necessary if we could blow eufa out of the water? Isn’t it a golden rule of PR that you kill bad news as quickly as possible?
Maybe we did show the evidence in the 200 page document that UEFA chose to ignore hence we are now saying we have irrefutable evidence but we can't say what it is due to the ongoing process and the confidentiality of it all. After all we can't accuse UEFA of leaking like a sieve and then do the same

I agree. No one wants this case thrown out and City cleared more than me, but there is a level of confidence on this thread that I find hard to share.
I don’t believe UEFA are as thick as they are being made out and I don’t trust CAS.
For all the so called experts on here, it’s funny that not one poster predicted the 2 year ban.
There is a level of confidence because 99.9% of people haven't got a fucking clue, they keep mentioning army of lawyers, and let the battle commence, they go on as if UEFA are using Noreen down the road coz she's good with words, UEFA obviously have something on us, we will see, and hopefully we can prove ourselves

There is a level of confidence because 99.9% of people haven't got a fucking clue, they keep mentioning army of lawyers, and let the battle commence, they go on as if UEFA are using Noreen down the road coz she's good with words, UEFA obviously have something on us, we will see, and hopefully we can prove ourselves
If Ceferin wanted to settle with City and refused, I would suggest it is city's position that is strong whilst the UEFA hawks just wanted City labelled as cheats and embrolied in legal action. They don't care if UEFA falls too. They will just set up their own private comps with no relegation. All they want is to ring fence their money.

How many top players do you think would want no CL football and not trying to win the league Paul? You really think the likes of KDB would be switched on for 2 or 3 seasons like that?

I know mate it was me being pedantic. I guess it was more a scenario ( God forbid) we lost Kev, Raz and a couple more key players. We are the only real challengers to Liverpool at the moment, albeit not this season, we could really fuck their premier league up as a competition if we were bloody minded. Mind you I'd say with the top side 25 points ahead of the nearest challenger in February they have done that themselves.

Agreed. If we had irrefutable evidence, a smoking gun, surely we would made it public knowledge by now? Either directly or leaked to the press. Someone like Martin Samuel would be desperate to get hold of that sort of stuff. I just don’t get this idea that we are sitting there holding 4 aces but have decided not to play them yet. It makes absolutely no sense. Why would we let this drag on a minute longer than necessary if we could blow eufa out of the water? Isn’t it a golden rule of PR that you kill bad news as quickly as possible?
It would appear we do have the evidence but that is immaterial as regards the appeal to CAS.
The 'only' ( albeit important) thing appears to matter in our appeal is that UEFA ignored it.
This being the case I agree with you - why not get the evidence out there?

No, Etihad is owned by the Abu Dhabi government HH Sheikh Mansour is not on the Etihad board nor is he an executive or a shareholder

@prestichblue has discovered a public document present to the Open Skies investigation that shows irrefutable proof that the AD ruling council funded Etihad's sponsorship of City

Only other club in the CFG that UEFA have any jurisdiction on is Girona who haven't qualified for any UEFA competitions

But he is the Deputy PM of the Government? so while he may not be a direct executive or shareholder he does have a vested interest in Etihad as a company. Let's be honest here SM has been in a position to inject cash into Etihad, hasn't he? now as long as he didn't inject that cash from ADUG then there shouldn't be an issue should there? although that is technically exploiting a loophole. In my opinion, what City is defending here is a technicality, whether they will win their appeal on that basis I don't know but let us all be sensible here the UAE has several big organizations that have strong links to the Government of which SM is the Deputy PM.

I don't doubt for one minute that SM has injected cash into Etihad but where that money came from is the problem along with the unraveling the complexity of government business.

This has been coming for a very long time. Remember the extraordinary Platini interview with Martin Samuel?

Platini: Because we make a deal six years ago to the G14 and they ask me and say ‘OK Michel, but for the moment, we don’t touch the distribution of the money.’

Samuel: How long has the deal got to go?

Platini: I have to speak with Rummenigge

Says it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.