Rodri - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not really changing to a Pivot to accommodate Rodri, it's changing to a pivot so we become less threatened by counters like we've been this season. It may be because we've had Laporte out for the whole season, but Rodri not having the legs and tackling ability of Fernandinho also plays a huge part. So playing him in a pivot until he's fully accustomed to the PL is a good solution in my opinion
You learn on the job, that's why Pep stuck rigidly to the system in his first season despite the "he's fucking shit", "he can't do it in England with his fancy bollocks passing", "he needs to be more defensive because he's been found out" comments from our own fans, nevermind the cünts in the press.

We got made to look stupid at Leicester, Everton and a few other places when they exploited our weaknesses (e.g. Zaba's lack of pace) but it was the only way to make sure the likes of De Bruyne, Fernandinho, Silva, Sterling and Aguero all knew what was expected the next season. Changing to a double pivot to accommodate Rodri is pointless, it helps results short term but fucks us up again for next season, as Rodri won't have had chance to work on just being a better single pivot.

You learn on the job, that's why Pep stuck rigidly to the system in his first season despite the "he's fucking shit", "he can't do it in England with his fancy bollocks passing", "he needs to be more defensive because he's been found out" comments from our own fans, nevermind the cünts in the press.

We got made to look stupid at Leicester, Everton and a few other places when they exploited our weaknesses (e.g. Zaba's lack of pace) but it was the only way to make sure the likes of De Bruyne, Fernandinho, Silva, Sterling and Aguero all knew what was expected the next season. Changing to a double pivot to accommodate Rodri is pointless, it helps results short term but fucks us up again for next season, as Rodri won't have had chance to work on just being a better single pivot.
Yeah we might as well play Rodri in a single pivot now that the league is thrown. But in the CL we should play double pivot imo, as it's all about short term success and we might not play CL for the next two years

Yeah we might as well play Rodri in a single pivot now that the league is thrown. But in the CL we should play double pivot imo, as it's all about short term success and we might not play CL for the next two years
Absolutely not, that's the game he should, in theory, learn the most from. It's about long term improvement, not short term wins. The two year ban is proof, on top of the last 4-5 years officiating, we won't be allowed to compete fairly in the CL.

The only exception is if Guardiola thinks there is a way to exploit Madrid by playing a double pivot (e.g. to help us create passing angles to play out from the back), which is a benefit to the team, not Rodri as an individual.

Absolutely not, that's the game he should, in theory, learn the most from. It's about long term improvement, not short term wins. The two year ban is proof, on top of the last 4-5 years officiating, we won't be allowed to compete fairly in the CL.

The only exception is if Guardiola thinks there is a way to exploit Madrid by playing a double pivot (e.g. to help us create passing angles to play out from the back), which is a benefit to the team, not Rodri as an individual.
Yikes man. Uefa may hate us but the CL is not rigged. We've just been unlucky, and earlier in the 2010's we didn't have the mentality to go far in europe which meant that we choked, for a example against Monaco. You need to throw your tin foil hat in the garbage if you genuinly think the CL is rigged to make anyone except us win it

Yikes man. Uefa may hate us but the CL is not rigged. We've just been unlucky, and earlier in the 2010's we didn't have the mentality to go far in europe which meant that we choked, for a example against Monaco. You need to throw your tin foil hat in the garbage if you genuinly think the CL is rigged to make anyone except us win it
Yeah ok pal, I'll do exactly that ;)

His lack of pace as always been a concern of mine especially against the top teams
He can be got at for sure. I pray that Dinho is in midfield with him vs Madrid. I’d got with Rodri Dinho and KDB. Bernardo and hopefully sterling wide and Aguero up top.

He can be got at for sure. I pray that Dinho is in midfield with him vs Madrid. I’d got with Rodri Dinho and KDB. Bernardo and hopefully sterling wide and Aguero up top.
Don’t think we will ever see Fernandinho in midfield again for us sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.