UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But he wasn't smart enough to have sensitive financial conversations on a secure encrypted system as happens in major organisations across the world and even in small local authorities who handle residents' confidential financial data but not on an open email system. We can all agreee that we have been stitched up by UEFA but this whole farce has been a failure of management.

The company I work for has lots of very intelligent people who are experts in their fields yet total technophobes and wouldn't think twice about cyber security, in fact they complain when they cant plug in a flash device that hasn't been encrypted

Come on lads your going hyperbole to win an argument. By all accounts we were offered to be found guilty of a technical breach. This doesnt equate to murder or sexual assault its a slap on the wrists.

I think we all agree whats happened in the last few days has been disastrous and will have long reaching affects. My point is there could and seemingly was a way out of this.

I repeat how can you be sure we were offered a viable way out? The people who may be wrongly accused probably consider it a lot more important than been guilty of a technical breach.Also we can't easily quantify the damage in the medium to long term. If we get back into Europe I would suggest it would be limited. Most of those sneering bastards in the press running us down at present hate us anyway as do a lot of others in football nationally and internationally our brand has and will always suffer as a result.

Hopefully somebody can clear this up for me?

Uefa have since stated their findings and how they reached a punishment won't be released until after CAS have now ruled?

How do CAS rule unless they are made privy to those findings, in what is bound to be a very public TV case, regardless of reporting restrictions?

They won't be revealing their reasons to the press but of course they will have to in submissions to CAS both before and during any hearings. These will not be in the public domain before CAS's decision is reached.

I've been searching for that interview with Platini, when he stated at the outset that FFP would not only look at clubs simply spending what they earn, but at debts accrued.

I've read the full Samuels interview and I don't think it's in there (unless I missed it).

Can others remember this?

Thought it was quite a compelling statement.

Then it suddenly changed, at a time when City were suddenly viewed as a threat.

Undoubtably. Business managagement fails across the world because they do not understand IT. Indeed, I can count the number of senior execs I have met that understand IT on two fingers (and I have met rather a lot over the last 25 years).
That's true but this is really basic stuff even for very small firms. Confidential financial discussions can't happen on email because emails are not and have never been secure. That's also why your local GP is not allowed to discuss sensitive medical information on email. Its a disciplinary offence and can even lead to criminal prosecution in certain cases.
You don't have to be an IT genius. I am still amazed that no one at CFG has yet been held accountable (to our knowledge) for this fiasco which has already costs us millions in legal fees and reputational damage. Our brand has been trashed because of the stupidity of a small group of senior managers behaving unprofessionally.
I wonder what City's auditors (is it Price Waterhouse?) think about this. Their reputation has been damaged as well.

Would be easier just to send over the top lawyers to help Rui Pinto stick a few million in his bank account and have him testify in court that all the documents are false and he was asked by several clubs to create this and was promised payment when successful. He is doing time anyway so might as well have some money in the bank to come out too.

Or hack the f@ck out of the cartel and UEFA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.