UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So following correct procedure means giving the accused a chance to defend themselves and judging the defence evidence fairly and on its merits. Also justifying their reasoning in a consistent manner?

So that means CAS will look at out evidence and not just the procedure of the case? So for example if UEFA followed all correct procedure but didnt come to a reasonable and fair judgement it would be overturned?

I think UEFAs biggest weakness is having their Chair negotiating a compromise. Totally undermines any pretence of independence in the AC body.

Perhaps I am wrong but there seems to be a lot of opinions expressed in the media and elsewhere in utter ignorance of the facts (I include myself in this).

We know UEFA brought charges, we know were responded, then the Investigatory Chamber made a recommendation, referred it to the Adjudicatory Chamber and then ruled on it and we were banned and fined. That much is pretty clear.

To the best of my knowledge very few people have seen the charges laid or City’s response thereto and we know the full decision of UEFA has not been released.

What we have seen is the CAS decision, UEFA’s and City’s statements and the press leaks.

From the limited information available almost sports journalists and twitter warriors (not legal experts or accountants) are able to say with near certainty that City have presented fraudulent accounts, are money laundering and sports washing cheats should be stripped of titles, deducted points, relegated to league two, are a grubby little club and have treated a venerable organisation like UEFA with disrespect. All based on der Spiegel’s leaks and the NYT articles.

The charge we appear to be accused of is misrepresenting the extent of sponsorships, principally etihad, most of which were judged at fair value in the original settlement, and the extent to which they were related parties. Contempt for UEFA expressed in emails isn’t to the best of my knowledge a breach of FFP but is thrown into the mix for good measure.

Perhaps I’m missing the point but I don’t see how anyone can be certain of our guilt when I’m not sure we’ve seen the full extent of the charges or City‘s defence to the charges.

Question, I've just noted this on Dan Roan's article on the BBC:

There is no guarantee City will be granted a suspension of their ban when they apply for it in the coming days at the same time as any appeal. The decision - made by a Cas official - will be based on an assessment of the merits of City's appeal, so this initial decision will give a strong indication of their prospects.

What are our chances at receiving this suspension? My understanding is that if it is granted we could potentially drag this out over a 10 year period if required, meaning the punishment is continually suspended, this would be a nightmare for UEFA.

How would that also impact upon the PL investigation?

I would imagine It is nobody's interest/benefit to drag this out under a suspended ban. What happens if the ban is suspended, we take part next year, only for cas to uphold the ban. what happens to the club that finished 5th, this year, can they sue us? heck what happens if we were to win it next season, under a suspended ban, only for cas to uphold the ban.

Likewise, if we do go ahead with the ban, while an investigation is ongoing, and cas overturn it, do we sue uefa, or the club who took our spot?

The cleanest thing is this being resolved by cas prior to next year's competition starting, for all concerned.

I just think a lot of people on here have their heads in the clouds if they think it will be completely overturned. The evidence is there and UEFA have acted on it, doesn't matter how it was obtained or how unfair the process was. The best that City can hope for is a reduction in that sanction.

I’d thought someone who only posted 150 odd posts in 11 years would be offering something a bit more than what you have and seeing you post very rarely and City fan you be looking more at why we are in the right not the corrupt Uefa.

Came across a good blog on Howard Hockin's twitter account also referenced by Prestwich Blue, which is well worth a read and made me feel much better
The legal guy on there reckons that UEFA haven't got a leg to stand on and it's all to do with the statute of limitation regarding the original settlement ( which I thought was a simple five year rule, but apparently not if you read the blog).
However he freely admits that he doesn't know if the UEFA AC have anything else against us but on the face of it City's case looks strong.
got a link?

Anyone notice that at the time of the announcement, there were videos of Khaldoon, in what looks like his back garden, taking pens against Aguero? Didn't seem that phased by al this.

I reckon we are weeks and weeks behind what is actually going on.

Ahh I wondered when the scouse hockey troll would raise her ugly head.

Apologies for going off topic. Funny how when looking for a presenter for 606 the BBC just happened to select a gobby, Scouse ex-hockey player. Same with Sky choosing Spit. Out of all the recently retired footballers (some literate and articulate) Sky chose him. Not a coincidence at all considering where their loyalties lie.

This is not a precedent because UEFA did not accept its own advice and did not second guess the sponsorship. Nor has UEFA's competence in this area been established by precedent.
It did second guess the value of sponsorships. It took the higher of the two sets of figures it received and actually increased them. Luckily, PSG then fell just within the loss limits. Leterme then closed the case. There was a mighty row, the AC wanted to reopen the case but were prevented by CAS when PSG referred that to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.