UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know for sure that Ceferin was offering an olive branch to City but some reputable journalists had sources on both sides suggesting a ban was off the table, and that was what he was up to.

I think City refused to take the olive branch and UEFA juggled the hot potato for months and were unable to bit the bullet. They couldn't let City off. In the end they've gone for the full sanction but I think City are very confident that CAS will throw it out.

As fans we might have preferred the safe option of a fine and business as usual but City's exec will know how the land lies and what evidence UEFA have, and what evidence we have. They will also know which way CAS are leaning.

I still think it will either be full sanction and we appeal or their ruling and ban are thrown out. Not some half way house to save face. Our name and reputation have already been dragged through several tons of shite over this.

On a technicality yes like I say in my opinion because what they (UEFA) have said is probable and possible because of SM's connections and authority. I don't know what evidence UEFA has no one knows, all we can see online is the football leaks stuff which is pretty worrying especially if it is true. I'd be surprised if UEFA didn't consult this information when making their judgment that's all.
OK. In all probability, both sides have seen enough to believe they have a fighting chance. I just don’t know why you imply City have much the weaker case.

Personally, I’d be happy to see us win on a technicality, then positively ecstatic to see us pursue the bastards on the legitimacy of FPP.

If anyone's willing to throw a few quid into the hat, 1894 Group have setup a gofundme page for donations to a display against Real Madrid. The more we raise the more we can do.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/mcfc-v-madrid-at-home?
And ideas yet for banners? You could maybe create a topic in its own right. I am sure City fans could come up with a few ideas. Something short and to the point.

On a technicality yes like I say in my opinion because what they (UEFA) have said is probable and possible because of SM's connections and authority. I don't know what evidence UEFA has no one knows, all we can see online is the football leaks stuff which is pretty worrying especially if it is true. I'd be surprised if UEFA didn't consult this information when making their judgment that's all.

We also don't know what evidence City have, regardless of what the leaks stuff said.

City state they have irrefutable evidence and at this stage in my eyes, that's good enough for me.

If this stuff is leaked/hacked how can anyone say for sure, with 100% certainty that they are verbatim and in their truest context?

Surely it would need City to produce the originals? Are they legally bound to do so?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.