UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the Der Spiegel articles they talked about us having to make up a shortfall on 2013 due to the cost of sacking Mancini & his coaches. At that time we were still under the impression that we could scrape in under the rules in Annex XI covering certain wages paid in 2012. So we asked if we could bring forward payments due from the AD sponsors and we did.

UEFA then changed their rules about how that should be calculated and we couldn't use that provision anymore. Had we known that at the time then we wouldn't have needed to do that.

So if that's what Ziegler is referring to, then surely it isn't an issue as UEFA would've been aware at the time?

The club have issued a public statement they will contest this sanction and the reason why. All media coverage should state that it is subject to appeal and also fully reflect our repeated view of the UEFA's judgement that it is baseless, vindictive and solely designed to unfairly damage City's reputation and adversely affect our performance on the field.
Yes, George, but it won't.

Here's a thought on the possible outcome at CAS.
1.Due process was not followed, specifically in Uefa's failure to address City's defence adequately.
2. The sanction is set aside.
3.Uefa must go back to the AC and properly consider that defence and reach a fresh conclusion.

They can't do point 3 because the 5 year statute has already passed.

City CEO Ferran Soriano is also said to have told the players: “Trust me like I trust you, this will be dropped.”

Unless this is made up tabloid narrative, who is leaking this stuff ??

Dont for one minute think that this is a tabloid trying to make us fans feel better by writing this. This type of reporting is only to make us sound like UEFA with their leaks

In the Der Spiegel articles they talked about us having to make up a shortfall on 2013 due to the cost of sacking Mancini & his coaches. At that time we were still under the impression that we could scrape in under the rules in Annex XI covering certain wages paid in 2012. So we asked if we could bring forward payments due from the AD sponsors and we did.

UEFA then changed their rules about how that should be calculated and we couldn't use that provision anymore. Had we known that at the time then we wouldn't have needed to do that.

IIRC, wasn't this after we had filed our accounts and therefore couldn't change our position? I seem to recall Gill might have been behind this but don't hold me to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.