UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They hadn't though, as the 2019 case was initiated after 5 years had passed from the start of the period within which the alleged breaches occurred.

From reading Stefan Borson's piece on the 9320 blog this may be one of our strongest arguments. It's one thing to use illegally obtained e-mails but it's quite another to use them as a basis to support a time-barred investigation.
Yes, but only part, i guess, is time barred.
Edit ps. See @Prestwich_Blue post above

from @PrestwichBlue2
I've found a document that confirms the Etihad sponsorship was covered by the Executive Council, not ADUG. It was part of the Open Skies case brought by the US airlines against the Gulf ones (Etihad, Qatar & Emirates) and claimed that they were in receipt of huge government subsidies. As part of their defence Etihad had a presentation done for the Crown Prince, MBZ, by consultants Booz Allen.

Page 14 http://www.openandfairskies.com/wp-...08/Partnership-Rebuttal-Filing-DOT-Aug-24.pdf
Colin, I recently re visited the leaked/hacked emails on Der Spiegels website and the email laid out in copy defo says ADUG provided the additional funds. Do you suppose that's a mistake by Pearce, or an instance indicating those emails are fabricated either in part or otherwise?

No they should keep quiet and say nothing, until they announce their decision. That’s normal, not odd, fucking social media age
Fairly sure there is a misunderstanding.

My post you responded to was referring to CAS’ statement prior to UEFA’s announcement of the ban/fine and our subsequent appeal being submitted.

As far as I know CAS have not made any public comments since City submitted the appeal.

It wasn't considered because they didn't have time. They had to pass the case to the AC by 15th May, to avoud it being timed-out, as it would have been over 5 years ago and therefore outside their own limitation on reopening a case. They'd only opened the case a couple of months before.

But there's a doubt as to whether that date was even the valid one, as it totally depends on when the breach actually occurred. If CAS decides it was before 16th May 2014 then they'll have been out of time and i assume the case will be dropped.

Thanks for clarifying this.

Can i just ask though :-)

Is it right for me to assume that even though UEFA did not read the dossier sent from City.

Legally they still technically received City submissions.Meaning they will still have to send this evidence over to CAS with everything else ?

Thanks in advance.

Ps Love your posts mate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.