UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our reputation as a club has been hammered and probably far more importantly the State of Abu Dhabi reputation has taken a beating.

Arabs are honorable people but when crossed......

When we win the case I think we will go hunting.....

I think you're mistaken in thinking City want FFP gone.

If they did, they could have mounted a challenge at any point over the last decade.

What City probably want is what United, Barcelona, Madrid want, which is FFP to exist, but to be so rich it's meaningless to them. I think the last thing City want as a club is for FFP to be gone and for 5 other billionaires to realise the chains are off and go mad trying to match us.

I reckon there's some truth in that, but remember City were one of the clubs who voted against the introduction of FFP in the Premier League.

If I understand it correctly, if the money didn't come from ADUG then it's not owner investment. UEFAwwill no doubt try to claim otherwise. But even if it was, the Etihad sponsorship was fair value, certainly when compared to what Leterme and his IC allowed PSG to claim.

Again, it's a guess but I'd say everyone gave the money to ADUG for onward transmission to City but City told them not to do that.

Now, when you read all those so-called 'smoking gun' emails in the correct context, rather than the spin put on them by Der Spiegel and others, the picture is really quite different isn't it? That's why I've been banging the drum about context. It's crucial to this.

The sponsorship from Etihad must show in their accounts for the relevant year, has anyone seen this? UEFA are questioning Etihad's end of year reports as well, they are in effect accusing them of edgy accountancy as well.

You have (almost) nothing to win to go after FFP itself if the appeal is successful. But a lot to lose. Can't see you go all the way unless the ban is confirmed by CAS.
I think we have far more to lose by not going after FFP, as UEFA and other interested parties that want to see City restricted or destroyed entirely have shown that FFP will continually be used to inhibit development and damage the club’s brand and standing.

PSG may not be in the same place now that they’ve gotten the seat at the table that City will never be offered.

You know what I've not seen, heard or read one journalist saying we might have a case and it could work in our favour, everyone of them has said we're guilty and that we're the bad apple.

It's outrageous that the press, our press, aren't even trying a little bit to fight our corner.
Are they all utd and arsenal and Liverpool fans?
Are they all racists?
Do they hold a grudge with the middle East?

I find it amazing that they've all stuck the boot in and some with us, their bile and vitriol is shocking and I hope we've made a note and sue the shysters for all they have.
Martin Samuel didn't jump on the 'guilty' bandwagon - he didn't give an opinion on that (he has no way of knowing). But he made it absolutely clear that FFP is a smokescreen to protect the elite cartel from clubs on the rise like us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.