UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There might be a reason why they haven’t.

I’ve just re-read the statement in full(it didn’t take long) and this is the only bit that makes any reference to date of the alleged offence.

“The Adjudicatory Chamber, having considered all the evidence, has found that Manchester City Football Club committed serious breaches of the UEFA Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play Regulations by overstating its sponsorship revenue in its accounts and in the break-even information submitted to UEFA between 2012 and 2016.”

Now they may have made an early statement with the specifics but if that’s all there is to go on then it’s not very strong given the statute of limitations, the settlement period and the settlement regime. However if City have got this really wrong and their bank statements show something other than what they should then Raheem Sterling leaving would be the least of the worries - this would be very serious shit

But I can’t see City getting it this wrong. Given the rules were brought in to stop them, and the experience they have with them - I’d expect City’s legal and accounting teams to have knowledge of FFP inside and out and barring the odd crass email to be nowhere near infringing them

Yes.

However, on the second point, i could see UEFA argue they are somewhat related. If not , how would City executives be aware of the source of the money and the details behind the payment of their sponsor.

Maybe City sought assurances as to the payments due to the airline having financial difficulties.

very interesting article, offers optimism in the CAS appeal, but a scare that maybe UEFA have something nasty up their sleeve City aren’t aware of. The author also doesn’t hold out much hope if we fail at CAS and then try and take them to court. “We should assume the prospects of overturning the ban are slim and the damage exponentially grave”.... gulp.
It's been mentioned on here that City are fully aware of all the evidence that UEFA are using. Two other things as well, why would UEFA not disclose all their info in one go and would CAS even allow that info to be used at the appeal. I doubt it.

A good article has just come up on my phone, it was that Dan Roan shit on the BBC, it is full of City bingo but the reason why it is good is he mentions an English player who went to play in Turkey. He came home half way through his contract because his club were not paying him. The Turkish FA fined him and banned him. Long story short he appealed stating that the Turkish FA cannot investigate prosecute and sit in judgement. He lost his case but eventually, a couple of weeks ago the ECHR agreed with him. It has taken 10 years.
Roan the snake also mentions Caster Semanya the African runner who is in body a woman but has male testosterone. Again that case is being dragged through every conceivable court.

Roan states that City can and will do what the above have done but Uefa cannot afford to. Further if it takes 10 years and our ban is suspend all that time it is a mockery. As I say, typical moan by Roan but it highlights Citys likely tactics.

After the events of the last few days I cant help but think that City have made a huge strategic error. Apparently we were offered a way out of this with a technical breach and small fine. (Similar to the Fifa case). By refusing to negotiate it seems we have pushed UEFA to go nuclear with us.

Even if the ban is overturned by Cas this doesnt clear us and its my understanding we have to carry the fight on in Swiss courts(?).

Even if we are eventually cleared which is far from certain the reputational damage of the ban and potential future case with UEFA is enormous. Pretty much the whole footballing world has heard Manchester City are cheats for the last few days and will narative will continue and wont stop even if we win the case. It will turn to, 'well what did you expect when they can buy the bsst lawyers'

Wouldn't it have been sensible to take the fine and carry on as normal. Who would care apart from Johny from Liverpool on twitter.

By taking this risk we have potentially affected our ability to compete for the next 3 4 years but also will forever be known as cheats. We can all argue with internet warriors till we are blue in the face but the label will surely affect out ability to attract commercial sponsorship and grow our fan base in the developing football markets such as India, China and the US.
Couldn’t disagree more. Never take the rap for something you didn’t do. Ever.

very interesting article, offers optimism in the CAS appeal, but a scare that maybe UEFA have something nasty up their sleeve City aren’t aware of. The author also doesn’t hold out much hope if we fail at CAS and then try and take them to court. “We should assume the prospects of overturning the ban are slim and the damage exponentially grave”.... gulp.

Yes that was my thoughts. Clearly the author knows far more than me and probably most of us when it comes to these types of legal disputes. He has made some observations on the decisions made by UEFA, their proceedures and the panel that made the judgement that appear to drive a bus through their arguments. It concerns me a bit that UEFA have missed these apparent holes in their case so easily. Clearly the secrecy of the agreements and the recent judgement makes it very hard for anybody outside those that signed them or privy to the reasons for UEFAs decision, to make any judgement either way as to our guilt. Finally the club's bullishness concerning their innocence does give me confidence.

It's been mentioned on here that City are fully aware of all the evidence that UEFA are using. Two other things as well, why would UEFA not disclose all their info in one go and would CAS even allow that info to be used at the appeal. I doubt it.

Are UEFA allowed to bring new evidence at the appeal stage? The appeal is based on the (apparently) independent ruling based on the evidence that UEFA presented. Surely City would have access to all documents and not withstanding an oversight will have intimate knowledge of the evidence and arguments which UEFA put forward?

In addition, it doesn’t look like City (at this stage) are interested in debating the details of the allegations. City seem to be interested in appealing the process. They’ve already had a go at the confidentiality issue which was dismissed but are now looking into statute of limitations and the existing settlement agreement with associated audits which allowed them to exit the settlement regime

That is all documented in the CAS judgement from last year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.