UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Durham stance is something we can build on. We need to attack FFP not concentrate on whether we have or have not broken their rules.
FFP is Finance For Privileged i. e. the Established Elite. Their sustained dominance makes football boring and this is not want the broadcasters want. They pay the bills at the end of the day!

I do wonder if this is purely an act of spite by UEFA knowing it won’t stand up in an independent review. A bit like the Trump impeachment, the Democrats knew they didn’t have the numbers in the Senate but decided to fuck him over anyway. I also wonder if the two year ban is to give CAS leeway to reduce to one year and so satisfy the cartel members and let City feel they have slightly salvaged a disastrous situation.

I do wonder if this is purely an act of spite by UEFA knowing it won’t stand up in an independent review. A bit like the Trump impeachment, the Democrats knew they didn’t have the numbers in the Senate but decided to fuck him over anyway. I also wonder if the two year ban is to give CAS leeway to reduce to one year and so satisfy the cartel members and let City feel they have slightly salvaged a disastrous situation.
Didn't really fuck Trump in the end, his approval rating sky rocketed post acquittal and the Dems look stupid as fuck in election year.

Yes that was my thoughts. Clearly the author knows far more than me and probably most of us when it comes to these types of legal disputes. He has made some observations on the decisions made by UEFA, their proceedures and the panel that made the judgement that appear to drive a bus through their arguments. It concerns me a bit that UEFA have missed these apparent holes in their case so easily. Clearly the secrecy of the agreements and the recent judgement makes it very hard for anybody outside those that signed them or privy to the reasons for UEFAs decision, to make any judgement either way as to our guilt. Finally the club's bullishness concerning their innocence does give me confidence.

City signed an agreement that the accounts between 2012-2016 could not be revisited by Uefa. What’s changed where Uefa think they can? Have they tried to move the goalposts again or have City broken something in that agreement that lets Uefa get us?

Would they be that stupid to suddenly declare what City signed in 2014 null and void?

Just wanted to add this article I stumbled on on the NY Times website:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/24/sports/psg-uefa-ffp.html

In summary, Yves Leterme let PSG get away with it, Cunha Rodrigues (UEFA) went ballistic, but Yves Leterme said his objection was too late.

Yves Leterme is behind City's punishment. I would have thought the above action by the same man would set a precedent of how alleged inflated deals are dealt with (ie ignored). I think it totally undermines everything he had said about City. Hopefully, City can use the information the NY Times based this on.

Plus under their rules and regulations they can't reopen a case that is 5 or more years old and seeing as this is from 2014 they've broke their own rules.
I really don't think they've thought this accusation through.

What you say is correct, This snippet from the article by the lawyer says just that

“Article 37 of those rules must apply and a 5 year limitation period applies. Therefore, UEFA’s own rules state that, in effect, only breaches that occurred after 15 May 2014 (at the latest) are liable for “prosecution” by UEFA. Any acts, and therefore breaches, before that date are expressly time barred. It is therefore odd and surprising that UEFA refer to 2012 in their announcement at all.”

The more this drags on the more it seems that UEFA have tried to rush this through whilst being pushed by certain representatives of certain clubs

I’ve just re-read the statement in full(it didn’t take long) and this is the only bit that makes any reference to date of the alleged offence.

“The Adjudicatory Chamber, having considered all the evidence, has found that Manchester City Football Club committed serious breaches of the UEFA Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play Regulations by overstating its sponsorship revenue in its accounts and in the break-even information submitted to UEFA between 2012 and 2016.”

Now they may have made an early statement with the specifics but if that’s all there is to go on then it’s not very strong given the statute of limitations, the settlement period and the settlement regime. However if City have got this really wrong and their bank statements show something other than what they should then Raheem Sterling leaving would be the least of the worries - this would be very serious shit

But I can’t see City getting it this wrong. Given the rules were brought in to stop them, and the experience they have with them - I’d expect City’s legal and accounting teams to have knowledge of FFP inside and out and barring the odd crass email to be nowhere near infringing them

So they admit to having examined our 200 page submission.

A good article has just come up on my phone, it was that Dan Roan shit on the BBC, it is full of City bingo but the reason why it is good is he mentions an English player who went to play in Turkey. He came home half way through his contract because his club were not paying him. The Turkish FA fined him and banned him. Long story short he appealed stating that the Turkish FA cannot investigate prosecute and sit in judgement. He lost his case but eventually, a couple of weeks ago the ECHR agreed with him. It has taken 10 years.
Roan the snake also mentions Caster Semanya the African runner who is in body a woman but has male testosterone. Again that case is being dragged through every conceivable court.

Roan states that City can and will do what the above have done but Uefa cannot afford to. Further if it takes 10 years and our ban is suspend all that time it is a mockery. As I say, typical moan by Roan but it highlights Citys likely tactics.

A quick Google search shows UEFA revenue for was over 2 billion euros. They’ve got a few bob

“UEFA (Union of European Football Associations) total revenue 2004-2018. This statistic shows the total revenue of the UEFAfrom the 2004/05 season to the 2017/18 season. The season runs from July 1 to June 30 of the following year. The revenue of the 2017/18 season was 2.79 billion euros.”

City will not want this in the courts for 10 years for a variety of reasons. Not least as it will effect any potential negotiations of new sponsorship deals. Uncertainty is not a good thing

I think the Durham stance is something we can build on. We need to attack FFP not concentrate on whether we have or have not broken their rules.
FFP is Finance For Privileged i. e. the Established Elite. Their sustained dominance makes football boring and this is not want the broadcasters want. They pay the bills at the end of the day!

Sorry mate... the broadcasters would be delighted if the rags and dippers were fighting each other for every trophy every season.. with everybody else absolutely nowhere to be seen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.