UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are UEFA allowed to bring new evidence at the appeal stage? The appeal is based on the (apparently) independent ruling based on the evidence that UEFA presented. Surely City would have access to all documents and not withstanding an oversight will have intimate knowledge of the evidence and arguments which UEFA put forward?

In addition, it doesn’t look like City (at this stage) are interested in debating the details of the allegations. City seem to be interested in appealing the process. They’ve already had a go at the confidentiality issue which was dismissed but are now looking into statute of limitations and the existing settlement agreement with associated audits which allowed them to exit the settlement regime

That is all documented in the CAS judgement from last year
That is exactly my point. Most of us on here are relatively clueless about all the ins and outs let's be honest. However, I'm sure City not only want to attack the whole UEFA process surrounding this matter, but will also want to completely refute the accusations that have created it. I think there will be 0% scope for UEFA to submit anything different to what is already in question.

Haven’t spoke much on the forum, certainly not in a while but agree with all the sentiments.

Why the faux outrage? Why have Chelsea never received such visceral hatred, this despite their owner pumping millions in to the club, owing at least £1bn to him?

Do folk forget how poor the EPL would be if not for City and Chelsea? It would have been a procession for Man United over the last 20 years if not for these clubs.

Given the latter reason, I can’t see the league really caring all that much, nor do I think they would strip us. They know the EPL relies on money and competition for the lucrative television rights and what makes the EPL unique and sellable.

Chelsea did get a lot of grief from the media. At least till we arrived. And now they are accepted.
Most neutral fans were happy they stopped Utd from dominating the league especially us.

The fact that platini couldn’t implement ffp unless Chelsea agreed to it and duly did annoys me.
They should get slated for that.

Please don’t insult my intelligence. I’ve agreed with @SebastianBlue to leave it there and suggest you do too.
From Wikipedia "Syed was born in Reading, Berkshire. His father, Abbas Syed, is a Pakistani immigrant to Britain who converted from Shia Islam to Christianity, and his mother is Welsh." - please check sources before you make claims of racism.
Well you must have seen this as you liked it.

Good point. Let’s say they have or haven’t, is either good or bad?

Haven't suits the "not following due process" argument, have throws up a plethora of intriguing questions because City think it's watertight yet UEFA have reached a different conclusion...

So either they're lying about analysing it, or Pandora's box has been opened because 2 sides have reached wildly different conclusions from the same evidence.

What you say is correct, This snippet from the article by the lawyer says just that

“Article 37 of those rules must apply and a 5 year limitation period applies. Therefore, UEFA’s own rules state that, in effect, only breaches that occurred after 15 May 2014 (at the latest) are liable for “prosecution” by UEFA. Any acts, and therefore breaches, before that date are expressly time barred. It is therefore odd and surprising that UEFA refer to 2012 in their announcement at all.”

The more this drags on the more it seems that UEFA have tried to rush this through whilst being pushed by certain representatives of certain clubs

This is also a concern, though. UEFA must know this so maybe they are trying to re-try the original case on the strength of something not in the public domain??

its quite hard to pass comment on a topic in which very few of us have a qualified insight into. However the whole FFP saga and the punishments that go with it are completely adverse to pretty much any other industry on the planet. I never thought i would say it but Gary Neville has just hit the nail on the head, there is no other circumstance whereby a business owner can't invest into business having proven the ability to financially support it.

The clubs sign up to the rules when they agree to take part which is more of a token gesture, should those rules be held up to scrutiny within an appropriate court of law they surely fall foul of every anti-competitive / Monopoly led legislation in which you see tons of other businesses get fined for each year for attempting to fix. The idea that the same clubs get to compete at the top table each year due to the fact that they had already invested millions in the clubs before the rules were implemented is totally ridiculous. i hope and believe that the club will go through the courts with this and eventually win out provoking a complete overhaul of FFP rules and what it should actually be trying to prevent i.e those clubs who can't prove the ability to fund their current models by the wealth of their owner or current club income etc getting punished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.