Caroline Flack - rest in peace

Was it in the wider public interest, I was say not.
Did her boyfriend feel intimidated, I was say not given what I have read. ?
Should the CPS have taken these things into consideration. Most definitely.
Do you need to wind your neck in a bit? Most definitely!
How could it not be in the public interest? She’s alleged to have hit him with a lamp while he was sleeping, he’s alleged to have made a 999 call accusing her of trying to kill him, the police allegedly found clear evidence of injury.

If the CPS had decided it was not in the public interest to prosecute, what sort of message would that have sent to abusers and victims of domestic violence?

How could it not be in the public interest? She’s alleged to have hit him with a lamp while he was sleeping, he’s alleged to have made a 999 call accusing her of trying to kill him, the police allegedly found clear evidence of injury.

If the CPS had decided it was not in the public interest to prosecute, what sort of message would that have sent to abusers and victims of domestic violence?
Do you think every incidence of domestic violence should be prosecuted. If not why not?

Domestic violence has been happening for many many years. For most of that time the police did little about it, usually because after all their hard work investigating it the injured party would either not attend court and attend and tell the court they would not give evidence. Usually it was the male that was violent and the female that got hurt. After criticism about how the police/CPS dealt with D. Violence they changed the way it was prosecuted, this was to protect vulnerable victims.
Now because a pretty/sexy FEMALE television 'star' has committed suicide everyone suddenly wants to blame the CPS ! You cannot have it both ways, you either protect victims or you don't.

For me it isn't anything to do with a pretty female celebrity getting away with it if she wasn't charged. It was charging some one who showed clear signs of being mentally unstable and who it turns out had actually informed the authorities that she was suicidal. Sad that so many still think she should have been charged even if it possibly contributed to her death. IMO a little bit of compassion and understanding from the authorities would have been better. Anyway that's my opinion.

For me it isn't anything to do with a pretty female celebrity getting away with it if she wasn't charged. It was charging some one who showed clear signs of being unstable mental and who had actually informed the authorities that she was suicidal. Sad that so many still think she should have been charged even if it possibly contributed to her death. IMO a little bit of compassion and understanding from the authorities would have been better. Anyway that's my opinion.

She has plenty of money, if she was having problems before she battered her boyfriend why did she not seek help then ? Since being charged has she admitted herself into a Psychiatric ward ?
Perhaps she was charged so that the courts would be able to order her to seek help. The point about her being pretty female celebrity is that if it was a 6 foot pug ugly bloke from Denton no one would be saying a word.

She has plenty of money, if she was having problems before she battered her boyfriend why did she not seek help then ? Since being charged has she admitted herself into a Psychiatric ward ?
Perhaps she was charged so that the courts would be able to order her to seek help. The point about her being pretty female celebrity is that if it was a 6 foot pug ugly bloke from Denton no one would be saying a word.
Money doesnt solve your problems if you have a mental illness. If the 6ft ugly bloke from Denton was a celebrity and it ended the same way I would still have massive sympathy with him and his situation. We are only talking about Flack because she is a celebrity are we not?

For me it isn't anything to do with a pretty female celebrity getting away with it if she wasn't charged. It was charging some one who showed clear signs of being mentally unstable and who it turns out had actually informed the authorities that she was suicidal. Sad that so many still think she should have been charged even if it possibly contributed to her death. IMO a little bit of compassion and understanding from the authorities would have been better. Anyway that's my opinion.
Oh ok then, so the way to get off with a crime is to say that if you get charged it’ll make you feel suicidal. Amazing logic.

Money doesnt solve your problems if you have a mental illness. If the 6ft ugly bloke from Denton was a celebrity and it ended the same way I would still have massive sympathy with him and his situation. We are only talking about Flack because she is a celebrity are we not?

You've confused me, I know that's not hard but ..... yes we are only talking about her because she was a celebrity, that was my point.
Last year and no doubt next year, some bloke will kill his partner, it will be revealed that despite being called to the address, despite there being evidence to arrest him and convict him the police did nothing. It will transpire that on a previous occasion when they did take him to court the victim refused to give evidence and that is why they did nothing this time. The family will be up in arms demanding the cops are sacked, a solicitor will demand compensation and the news will be 24/7 asking how could we let this happen.
But of course it wont happen because we changed to law to protect victims from Domestic Abuse, from bullying coercive partners, from traditional families who support the attacker because that's what they were brought up with and so accept it.

You need to separate the two issues. The mental health of someone should never stop them being charged with a crime.

It might, correctly, influence the punishment and/or rehabilitation treatment. And even the treatment/intervention/sanctioning that is required prior to trial.

I imagine every violent person with a pattern of domestic abuse has some sort of mental health issue, to some degree.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.