Caroline Flack - rest in peace

Time for me to move on from this thread as I havent got anything further to contribute. We will just have to agree to dissagree. For me few things are sadder than someone taking their own life. Having experienced the enormous pain and emptyness that a suicide brings to the rest of the family, even decades later, perhaps I look at things slightly differently than most folk.

You need to separate the two issues. The mental health of someone should never stop them being charged with a crime.

It might, correctly, influence the punishment and/or rehabilitation treatment. And even the treatment/intervention/sanctioning that is required prior to trial.

I imagine every violent person with a pattern of domestic abuse has some sort of mental health issue, to some degree.

Absolutely

I think the criticism of the CPS is way off the mark on this incident. However, they do IMO like to make an example out of people in the public eye for crimes that are currently a popular talking point.

The real issue is how unforgiving society has become and how judgemental people are on social media.

It seems that in this day an age people are guilty until proven innocent and the moment a story hits the press it’s open season.

People need to let the trial actually happen before passing judgements on people.

Time for me to move on from this thread as I havent got anything further to contribute. We will just have to agree to dissagree. For me few things are sadder than someone taking their own life. Having experienced the enormous pain and emptyness that a suicide brings to the rest of the family, even decades later, perhaps I look at things slightly differently than most folk.

That’s fair comment mate. It’s difficult not to bring your own history and experience with you sometimes to emotive subjects like this, and to project and reflect to some degree, even if it’s not your intention (as is the case with my experience and DV).

I think the criticism of the CPS is way off the mark on this incident. However, they do IMO like to make an example out of people in the public eye for crimes that are currently a popular talking point.

The real issue is how unforgiving society has become and how judgemental people are on social media.

It seems that in this day an age people are guilty until proven innocent and the moment a story hits the press it’s open season.

People need to let the trial actually happen before passing judgements on people.

Really well balanced post this mate, I agree with every word.

Do you think every incidence of domestic violence should be prosecuted. If not why not?
I think every incidence of domestic violence of which the police are made aware, should be investigated and prosecuted if there is a realistic chance of a conviction.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.