UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get optimistic reading the various links that actually consider the evidence available.
It makes sense that the AC ruling should be overturned.
But....
I’m watching the Chelsea United game and with what is going on in that I lose heart again. The game is bent.
United will be got into 5th place by hook or by crook.
We’ll get a compromise decision in CAS of a one year ban, because of a strategically excessive punishment.
PL will then have the excuse they want to retrospectively give Slippy a winner’s medal as the media are beginning to lobby for.

It’s depressing. Football is bent. I’m not convinced we’ll beat it.

Someone post an update that gets me up again.

I don't think it should. As I've said before, what if they borrowed the money from a bank to fund it? That's no concern of UEFA's.

Even if the ruling family did put their own money into Etihad why should it be a problem?
How many small business owners pour their own money into a venture? - every single one of them is the answer.

If the owners of Etihad decided to put more money into their business in order to sponsor City then what business is it of anyone else. They did so in return for the advertising and global exposure that it gave to their airline - their business, and although the airline might still be making a loss it certainly has more of a global presence and awareness that it had previously, and in that respect the sponsorship has worked for them surely.

W
Worst case scenario is domestic titles being stripped. I can live with a ban for a year or two, but you can bet your last dollar that if the ban and guilty verdict is upheld then the FA/Premier League would be out to screw us over as well.
But wouldn't there have to be a separate FA/ Premier league hearing, again with the so called Khaldoon body of evidence submitted which UEFA allegedly have ignored?
And might the FA/Prem take a different view than UEFA based on the evidence?
Lots of questions.
As regards stripping titles usually that is done when there has been match fixing or bribery. Doing it for example over a debate as to whether a payment is from a related party or not seems excessive AND it's worth remembering that the period to which the alleged breach took place is unclear. UEFA put it at 2012 -2016 but lawyers have said this cannot be correct and it's May 2014 _2016 at most which could actually avoid any titles?
Points deduction seems the most likely route if it ever gets to it

If the Rags get 5th, our chances of getting the ban overturned are diminished

Those money grabbing ****s at UEFA will do anything to get their cash cow back into their bent competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.