Stupid little things that bug you

'Storm Whatever is ravaging the country with 3 dead already and 42 severe flood warnings. The police have warned that due to the current storm nobody should leave their homes and risk their own lives and the lives of the emergency services, and now over to our reporter who is stood by a raging river doing fuck all but endangering herself, the camera crew and the emergency services to tell us that it is pouring down with winds of 75mph'

People who pronounce "dissect" as "di-sect". You don't di-solve sugar in hot tea, or get booked for di-sent.

These thickos are mixing it up with "bisect" (cut into two). It's dis-sect (cut apart into bits).

Sect = cutting. Bi - two. Dis = apart, in pieces

Thank you.

Loose Women on TV. Three or four cackling, opinionated women, often contradicting each other but in a way that doesn't mean to offend other panelists. All discussing absolutely pointless topics. Today they are talking about divorce. 'Is there a divorce gene?'

I've only recently been introduced to this nonsense, since I took early retirement. Luckily, the wife still works three days a week, and we usually arrange something better on our joint weekdays off. I try and blank it from my consciousness and catch up on Bluemoon when it's on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.